All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Is there a difference between doing what you love and loving what you do? #RB4U @ARLeighAutho

Hi there!
Anna Rose Leigh here.

And, my answer to the above question, “Is there a difference between doing what you love and loving what you do,” would be yes. Absolutely there is a difference.

As I write this post, I can’t help but to be thankful. I’m at a point in life where I’m able to do what I love—write, though I’ve spent years just loving what I do.


Now, before this gets too confusing, let me explain. For years, I’ve worked two and sometimes three jobs to make ends meet. At different times, I’ve been a single parent, and things were not easy but still, I knew to provide the life I wanted for my son, who’s now seventeen, I needed to be the one to make it happen. So, though I wasn’t necessarily doing what I wanted to be doing, I learned to love it all the same. Even today, as we all are, I’m faced with obstacles but I try my best to find the good that exist in all things. This is my way of taking control and steering the wheel in the direction in which I choose to travel, even when I’m faced with obstacles.

If you’re not quite happy with where you are in life, perhaps it’s because you haven’t taken control. The way we think about things can make a world of difference. Just remember, sometimes to get to where you want to be, you have to endure certain unpleasantries.


I learned to love working jobs I didn’t exactly like not for the sake of doing so, but, because doing so was necessary if I was to move forward. As an author/writer, I’m far from being rich. Believe me, the struggle is real. And even now, just to make ends meet, I sometimes write in genres that are not on my list of preferred genres to write in. Each day, I’m learning to embrace the good and bad, with the expectancy of better. It’s not always easy, but, with practice, it does get easier.

So, I want to encourage you to love what you’re doing until you’re able to do what you love. Remember, it starts with the way you think.

Thanks for reading my post. If you want to connect with me or check out any of my books, I’ve listed my contact information below.
Enjoy your summer! And, remember to make time for what you love. πŸ˜Š

Anna Rose Leigh



Love sweet western time travel romance? Check out Timeless Outlaw, Timeless Honor, and Timeless Vows in the Timeless Hearts Series.

Timeless Outlaw


For some people love is within arms-length. But for others, it’s eras away.

Jesse Landers is a protector at heart. When tragedy strikes close to home, he promises to avenge the person responsible for the disappearance of someone he loves dearly. However, he soon realizes revenge comes at a high price. When his destructive life catches up to him, his only escape may be through time. 

Doctor Abagail Simmons is dealing with her own loss and must somehow, muster up the strength and courage to fulfill her father’s last wishes. Things are quickly spiraling out of control when a peculiar stranger shows up and seemingly, makes things better, until he reveals his truth. 

When two strangers are brought together under unlikely circumstances, will love be forth coming? Or, could undisclosed facts claim their happy ever after?

Timeless Honor




Emma-Jean Aldridge knows better than anyone that life isn’t always easy. The loss of her parents has left her with no money and no family. Yet, she’s determined to make her dreams a reality, even if the world she currently lives in may not be ready.

Austin McNeil is on the verge of losing his ranch and family business. Being a Marine was hard, but life as a civilian can be even more challenging, especially as a single parent. And if that isn’t enough, someone is set on ruining him.

Can two people from different times, searching for answers to their individual problems find solutions within each other? Or, will a promise made steal their chance at happiness, leaving all involved brokenhearted?

Timeless Vows


Following her heart, Miakoda pursued happiness but she never expected it to result in more pain, heartache, and grief than she could imagine. The physical and emotional suffering may be more than she can endure. 

Harry vowed to love and cherish his wife until the end of their days. There's just one problem; his wife has changed and his every attempt to take away her agony only leads to more misery. 

With few options, they try something beyond reason. But will a desperate attempt to make it all right tear them apart? 

Choices will need to be made before the clock stops ticking.

5 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Love the phrase, 'it starts with what you think'. So, so true....

Janice Seagraves said...

Yes, I totally agree and I love what I do.

Good luck with your release and I wish you many sales.

Melissa Keir said...

How very true. When you love what you do, even if it's not your ideal, the days go quicker and you are less stressed. The problem has been when you don't love it anymore... what to do then?

Congrats on your latest book and I wish you all the best!

Paris said...

The phrase "it starts with what you think" also struck a chord with me. Best of luck with your release!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love your attitude. I've had a couple of jobs I've not loved, but worked hard at because I knew I wouldn't be there forever. Being miserable is a terrible outlook. Congratulations on your work.

Share buttons