You all seem to like these crazy statements where the second part of the sentence seems to refute what the first part says....so here's some new paraprosdokians!!!
1. Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
2. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
3. Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?
4. Women sometimes make fools of men, but most guys are the do-it-yourself type.
5. I was going to give him a nasty look, but he already had one.
6. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
7. I was going to wear my camouflage shirt today, but I couldn't find it.
8. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Sometimes I wake up grumpy, otherwise I let him sleep.
10. If tomatoes are technically a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?
11. Money is the root of all wealth.
12. No matter how much you push the envelop, it'll still be stationery.
So go ahead and vote for your favorite, and I'll tell you mine.
Victoria's Visions will be coming out December 10th from MuseItUp... so I
been busy with editing and cover stuff...A lot of work, but so rewarding. Muse will be issuing all my books from Ellora's Cave, and my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com, needed a complete re-do with all the changes. Take a look and tell me if I missed anything. Until next month....Jean