Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Unbelievable facts! Read and marvel!!!!!
And on to these facts that really are truly pretty unbelievable.
1. An average cloud weighs 216 thousand pounds. An average storm cloud weighs 105.8 million pounds.
2. If you live there 190 days a year and aren't convicted felon, you get an annual check from the state of Alaska just for not leaving.
3. Glenn Buratti, who has epilepsy and autism, turned six in 2015. His mom invited his entire class to his birthday party, but no one came. Heartbroken, she posted about it in a Facebook group, and fifteen local kids showed up, as well as firefighters, police officers, the county sheriff and lots of presents.
4. A 67-year-old woman named Dorothy Fletcher had a heart attack on a plane. When a stewardess asked if there was a doctor on board, 15 people stood up They were on their way to a cardiology conference. The woman survived.
5. In 2007 Navy SEAL was shot 27 times by four Al Qaeda gunmen and hit by grenade shrapnel. He killed all four of the gunmen and walked out to the extraction helicopter. He recovered and is living with his wife and daughters.
6. In 2010, a three-year-old boy, playing with his father's metal detector for the first time, found a
16th century golden pendant estimated to be wroth $4 million.
7. A dutch designer is working with scientists to create glow-in-the-dark trees, hoping to one day use them in place of street lights.
8. In very rare circumstances it is possible to see a full 360 degree rainbow from an airplane.
9, Morgan Freeman wears earrings so that if he dies in a strange place they can pay for his coffin.
And my favorite by far.........
10. The White House is not free for the President: he receives a bill for food and expenses every month.
Can you pick one that truly amazed you? If so, I'd love to know your choice.
Comment here, or write me. If anybody picks my second choice they get to choose from my e-book list, on my recently jazzed-up website. http://www.jeanhartstewart.com