All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Connection – What a Writer Lives For with Louisa Kelley #Romance #RB4U

In everyday life, I don’t necessarily look like a writer of fantasy romance novels. Yeah, I fool people all the time. I like to think, “Mild mannered Office Manager by day, hot romance writer by night and weekend.” Ha ha! It’s amusing to watch how people change in their perceptions of me when they find out what I do when I’m not in the office.
But deeper than that, my ‘other’ persona, once I’m outed so to speak, opens doors of human connection that I have come to treasure. My latest paranormal romance book, “Unbidden Dragon,” was released in May. This book features a romance between two women – along with shape-shifting dragons and plenty of magical action. I was in Office Depot last week, getting copies made of various promo items in preparation for an author reading event. The young man at the counter looked bored, like he could hardly wait for his shift to be over. His gaze scanned over me with little interest, and he nodded without comment as I explained what I needed copied. Then the first color copy of my cover art rolled out. He placed it on the counter and did a double take. Two gorgeous women and a dragon stared up at him. He looked up at me and I grinned. “My book,” I said.
His eyebrows rose. “Really?”
“Yes,” I said. “Dragons. In Portland. Right? Where else?”
He smiled, his face lit up with surprised interest. “Right. Of course.”
And snap…just like that. Connection. Suddenly we became two people having a moment of shared interest. I noticed he wore a silver ring with an intricate carved wolf head. “I saw your ring,” I said. “Thought you might be a dragon fan.”
The bored young man had vanished. His face was animated and friendly. We chatted about how Portland was the perfect place to feature fantasy stories about dragons. He spent a few minutes admiring the cover art for all four of my books, each of which features gorgeous half- naked women and dragons on the covers.
I was no longer a middle aged Office Manager. No, I was Louisa Kelley, hot local romance author. Still smiling, I left the store, gratified by the interaction. I breathed in the simple joy of meeting a stranger and finding commonality. Writing may be a solo occupation, but the fuel for inspiration, for me, comes from just such moments.

Blurb for “Unbidden Dragon”
By Louisa Kelley

Maeven’s bold request to leave the dragon’s secret sanctuary has been granted. She’s been sent to Portland, Oregon, on a mission of vital importance to the survival of her shape-shifting species. Mayhem, magic and sensual adventure abounds as Maeven struggles to follow the rules. Rule number one: Keep her true nature hidden. Rule number two: No emotional involvement with humans. Then she meets sexy, devious, adorable Frankie, who tells a wild story about accidentally shape-shifting – into a dragon! Ah. So much for the rules. Maeven’s journey of self-discovery brings her sizzling forbidden love, deeper understanding of her own sexuality and the courage to fulfill her destiny.
  
Bio for Louisa Kelley:

Romance and science fiction took firm hold of Louisa Kelley’s imagination at age nine, when she read the books Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott, and the Narnia series, by C.S. Lewis. She is convinced that the genre paranormal romance, which developed years later, came into existence purely for her benefit. After all, it’s what’s been in her heart all these years.

She resides in Portland, Oregon where, in a strangely perfect combination of rainy winters and urban skyline, her writing inspiration abounds. Meet the sexy world that’s been evolving in her fevered brain…She’d love you to join her in some over-the-top erotic adventures with the Draca; dragon shape-shifters of a very different kind.


Louisa Kelley Author@ Facebook
Member of Romance Writers of America
Member of Rose City Romance Writers

1 comment:

Cara Marsi said...

Love your interaction with the young man at Office Depot. We authors all need experiences like that to keep us going. I love your cover. What an imagination you have!

Share buttons