All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Blue soup, barbecues and writing inspiration with @abbeymacmunn #RB4U #WritingTips


Hello, my name is Abbey MacMunn and I write paranormal/fantasy romance with a dash of chick lit. My debut, TOUCHED, has just been released into the world and I was asked if my main character, Cami Wilson, is anything like me. The answer to that is yes and no.
Cami is a hybrid, the offspring of an immortal mother and mortal father, so obviously no similarities there.
She worries her backside is too big. Well, yes, I can relate to that part!
Also, inspired by my late mum, I decided to make Cami a total whizz in the kitchen, unlike me. There’s a scene in TOUCHED when Cami has fun making pancakes with Joseph, her super-hot immortal guardian. And he can cook too.
Alas, I am not a good cook. I’m a mum of four, I get by, and I haven’t given anyone food poisoning yet!
My kids, love them, constantly remind me of my culinary disasters. While my intentions are good, and there hasn’t been a Bridget Jones’ blue soup incident, there have been plenty more.
Like the Fishless Fish Pie.
I swear I spooned a pound and a half of fish into the white sauce, covered it with mashed potato and popped it into the oven, but when we came to eat it, the fish had mysteriously disappeared. We ended up eating what was basically potato in white sauce. Yum!
Then there was the Lasagne Disaster.
Normally, I’m not too bad with lasagne, but this particular one, I decided to try out my new dried herb set. ‘Give it a bit of extra flavour,’ I thought, or as the top chefs like to say, ‘Elevate something ordinary into something worthy of a Michelin star restaurant.’ Well, needless to say, I over-did the oregano and basil and the thing tasted like a herb garden.
Another meal catastrophe was the Roast Dinner Salmonella Scare.
In my defence, we’d just moved into a new house and I was using an unfamiliar oven. We were hungry, the oven was taking forever to cook anything so I turned up the temperature. I burnt the roast potatoes but the chicken was so undercooked we had to throw it away.
So is there anything I can cook?
I’m happy to say, yes there is! A lemon dessert, a recipe handed down from my mum. It’s so delicious I get asked to make it at family gatherings, and it’s absolutely perfect for a summer barbecue. And the best thing? It’s quick to make and so super easy even I can’t mess it up!
With its biscuit base topped with a mixture of double cream, lemon juice and sweet, condensed milk, it’s fair to say that Lemon Crunch is not the lightest in calories, but it’s summer—we’re all eating healthy salads, right?
If you’d like to give it a go, you can find the recipe on my website, abbeymacmunn.com

Thanks for reading,
Abbey

BIO:
Abbey MacMunn writes paranormal, fantasy and sci fi romance. She lives in Hampshire, UK with her husband and their four children. She is a proud member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association.
When she’s not writing, she likes to watch films and TV shows – anything from rom-coms to superheroes to science fiction movies.

TOUCHED
When inquisitive antique dealer Cami Wilson learns she’s the revered offspring of an immortal mother and a mortal father, it’s not just her hybrid status that has her all flustered. The title comes with her very own super-sexy guardian.
Jaded immortal Joseph Carlisle has only one thing on his mind; his sworn duty to protect the hybrid from those who wish her harm. Anything else would be complicated. That is until they meet. 
Chemistry sizzles between them but there’s a problem—the hybrid’s curse. Cami’s touch, skin to skin, proves near fatal to her and all immortals, Joseph included.
But the fated lovers discover her curse is the least of their concerns when a friend’s deadly betrayal threatens to tear them apart forever.

TOUCHED is available now.
And you can find me here. Tirgearr Publishing Website  Twitter   @abbeymacmunn Facebook Pinterest Goodreads


4 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

I really enjoyed your post. Very funny about your recipe disasters. You should write some of them into future stories. Your story sounds fun.

Abbey MacMunn said...

Thank you, Cara, maybe I will!

Melissa Keir said...

Oh no Abbey! Your food disasters sound like mine! I am always setting off the smoke alarm but that's just toasting bagels!

Abbey MacMunn said...

Ha ha, Melissa. Nothing worse than that burnt toast smell lingering around the house!

Share buttons