My husband was born in Australia. In fact, his family tree traces back to the first few fleets that arrived on Australian shores back in 1788. He’s a true blue Aussie.
Me, I was born in Romania and moved to Australia at the age of eight with my family.
While we’re both from vastly different cultural backgrounds, it only brings us closer. He adores the way I can roll my ‘R’, which he can’t do, and I love learning all the different Aussie sayings.
In my Wulfkin Legacy series, I wanted to show this exact blending of cultures. For example, in Cloaked in Blood, Marcin is Hungarian, the heir to the Emperor Alpha throne. While Selena is Turkish and her father is the great Sultan Alpha. So, yep, these two grew up with diverse lifestyles, but it lends itself to discovering some amazing things about each other. Such as Selena introducing Marcin to delicious dishes.
5 tongue-in-cheek reasons I believe cross-cultural relationships are great.
- You can’t help but find the other person fascinating as you learn about their background, their language, their culture. You’re always learning new things
- Perfect reason to travel abroad regularly
- Becoming bilingual, plus the kiddies will be too
- Discovering new foods and learning from the mother-in-law how to cook it perfectly
- Life will be full of surprises with new situations always coming up. Like in Romanian Easter, we paint boiled eggs, then tap them between two people. The person whose egg doesn’t crack is the winner. It’s all about picking the best egg initially. Something my husband has become an expert at:)
Cloaked in Blood
The daughter of a sultan alpha, Selena Kurt agrees to an arranged wulfkin mating to protect her sister from a dangerous alpha from the enemy clan. To her surprise, her match is Marcin Ulf, the next in line for the Hungarian throne . . . and the wulfkin who broke her heart years ago.
Marcin is just as shocked to learn he'll be matched to the enemy's daughter and the woman he's never forgotten. Before they can be paired, however, they're drawn into a tournament where Marcin will compete to free his estranged imprisoned brother, while Selena battles for the life of another wulfkin alpha. Both intend to seize this chance to save those they're fighting for - even if it means facing off with one another just as their romance rekindles.
Will tribe loyalty triumph, or will they realize they're better off as a team before it's too late?
Sign up here for T.F. Walsh’s newsletter to keep up to date with latest releases, special offers, and exclusive content.
About The Author
T.F. Walsh emigrated from Romania to Australia at the age of eight and now lives in a regional city south of Sydney with her husband. Growing up hearing dark fairytales, she's always had a passion for reading and writing horror, paranormal romance, urban fantasy and young adult stories. She balances all the dark with light fluffy stuff like baking and traveling.