1. OUTSOURCING OF JOBS: Hey, I'm all for it - think it's an absolutely excellent idea. I propose we outsource all CEO, executive, and Board of Director jobs to other countries. Remember, we're in a global economy and we have to stay competitive. Paying one US executive 373 times what an average employee here makes isn't smart when you can pay a CEO from another developed country far less.
Imagine what major corporations would save. I'm thinking billions, especially by eliminating the golden parachutes these guys get after they mess up a company and leave. Since the stock market loves 'lean and mean' businesses, the stocks should go through the roof. And with all the savings, these major corporations could then pay their rank-and-file employees a living wage so they wouldn't have to rely on food stamps to get by. It's a win-win situation.
2. CONGRESSIONAL GRIDLOCK: Again, I propose that we outsource Congressional positions to those overseas workers who know how to compromise (as adults do) and are also willing to actually put in a full work week (40 hours) rather than showing up for a few weeks out of the year. Think of what we'll get done and the money we'll save. We can then use those funds to fix our roads, bridges, and other infrastructure. If outsourcing doesn't work, let's automate the politicians' jobs. A machine couldn't do worse than they're doing. And we won't have to hear their political rhetoric every couple of years.
3. HEALTHCARE: Every American should have the same healthcare policies as the politicians do. - that we pay for. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us. After all, they're working for us, right?
4. LOBBYING: Every American should have a lobbyist seeing to their needs as they do for corporations and other special interest groups. That way we're sure to have our voices heard.
5. BANKERS and WALL STREET: Anyone who works in these industries and is guilty of what brought the financial industry down in 2008 should NOT go to jail. Oh no. That's too kind. They should be forced to work a minimum wage job, with a flexible schedule, for 20 years and try to live on those earnings - sans taxes, of course since we wouldn't want them to be 'takers'.
Someday, I'd like to write a novel about a world where the above is proposed and actually implemented. Some might call it a dystopian piece. I like to think of it as justice. :)
While I'm on the subject of writing, I have two new releases coming in February and I'm celebrating with Rafflecopters
Loving Lies - Erotic Historical
Book One - Dangerous Desires series
Available for Preorder:
Deception knows no limits. Passion knows no bounds.
When she is kidnapped, Senorita Isabella knows the men have been sent by her uncle in a murderous attempt to control her family’s fortune. But when she is rescued by a dashing and mysterious warrior, Isabella can’t imagine why a stranger would risk his life for her—until she discovers her rescuer believes she’s someone else….
Fernando de Zayas loves nothing more than the cry of battle. Defying death is his way of life. But when he discovers his betrothed has been kidnapped, he rushes to her aid—never suspecting that spirited beauty would soothe his warrior heart…
With her uncle’s minions close on their heels, Isabella finds herself drawing closer to Fernando. But as the desire between them builds, her secret could keep them apart forever…
Mastering the Beast - Erotic Paranormal-Romantic Comedy
Book Three - Taming the Beast series
Available for Preorder:
Surrender is the only option she desires.
Taming the Beast, Book 3
No one believes that under the tough attitude and schoolgirl fashion sense, reformed demon Zoe burns for a man, love, and sex. She keeps those urges on ice and well hidden. She sold her soul for a guy once, and all it got her was a one-way ticket to Hell.
Her job, keeping supernatural creatures in line at From Crud to Stud, is all work and no play. Until she’s saddled with a trio of new enforcers who ooze so much sexual heat, she’s afraid to be on the same planet with them.
Stefin, Anatol, and Taro try to contain their laughter as their adorable new boss tries to lay down the law. Apparently, no one told her they don’t take orders. They give them. And they’re determined to smooth her rough edges and tame her beast with acts so wanton they’ll make her scream—for more.
Talk about all hell breaking loose. Surrender won’t come easily, but given their devilish charm and her aching need, her journey to submission is one done deal.
Warning: Contains an unholy trio of demons who don’t like to take turns. Break room…snacking. After-hours…training sessions. In other words, a sensual ride on the pleasure express. Features m/f/m/m sex in every flavor except vanilla. Bring It. On.