All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, December 12, 2015

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT… AND WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!



This phrase usually refers to something we’ve already done, and were not excited enough to want to do again. 
 
I see it with a slightly different filter. I think of the wonderful events and special moments I’d love to repeat.

Like what, you ask?

Participate in more anthologies, travel more, be more organized, spend more time with loved ones living far away, continue to weave the strands of our family tree, take more time to cook and bake, walk more with our beloved dog Rosie... and so much more.

 
T’is the season of gratitude and generosity.

Gratitude is always on my mind once summer fades and we enter my favorite time of year—autumn and winter. The time when leaves swirl and dance on gusts of wind, and trees bare their limbs and fields lie barren in morning mists. 

It’s time to go within, and I envy the trees. Can I possibly bare my soul as they do their limbs?

As a human being, I’m so very aware of how fortunate I am, this year more than ever. Hearth, home, food, family, friends, love. Supportive community, solid infrastructure, transportation, strangers with genuine smiles in their eyes as we connect briefly, passing each other like ships in the night… the list goes on.

As an author, I am honored to have been included in three amazing anthologies in 2015. 

My heartfelt thanks go to:


Marianne Stephens, the RB4U wizard. The Entice Me anthology was my first!

Rose Anderson, the fairy godmother of Exquisite Quills. The Exquisite Christmas anthology is all about romance in winter, and sharing from the heart and hearth. It brings a special sparkle to my Christmas this year.

 
Lois Winston, the magician behind the 88-author anthology, We’d Rather Be Writing. The pages are filled with to-die-for recipes and unique tips that make life easier for writers—and for everyone. A portion of the profit goes to the very worthy No Kid Hungry charity.



These women selflessly arrange forums, platforms, social media events and projects that benefit many writers. Our combined efforts go out into the world, uplifting and entertaining readers around the world. Thank you, ladies.

As I reflect on 2015 in the stillness of winter, I smile. It has been a delightfully enjoyable journey this year with all you wonderful authors and readers. A heartfelt friendship knits us all together. Thanks to each and every one of you.

Please share with us: what are you most thankful for this winter?

GEMMA JULIANA writes all kinds of love stories, from contemporary to paranormal. She has a penchant for romantic international settings. Gemma lives in a cozy cottage in Texas with her very own hero, teen son, and a dog who rules them all. Chocolate and coffee nourish her muse and fuel her creativity. She loves hearing from readers.

amazon.com/author/gemmajuliana


2 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

What an inspirational post, Gemma. I, too, am thankful to be included in the Entice Me anthology. I'm thankful for my husband and son and that we're healthy. I don't like winter so I'm thankful that here on the East Coast, we had our warmest October and November in recorded history, and we're on track to have our warmest December. Although the warmth at this time of year is a tad scary. I'm thankful for the RB4U loop and all the friends, including you, I've made there.

Melissa Keir said...

I love the anthologies. While they haven't all been winners. They have brought me close to some amazing women!

Share buttons