All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dear Diary with Harlie Williams #RB4U @marika67

Dear Diary,

What’s been going on?  I know, I haven’t written in you in almost 40 years.  I hang my head in shame for this but don’t think that I have forgotten about you.  Life happens and unfortunately, I never did write down what has happened since I closed you forever.

But I will try to make it up to now.  I kept you because at times, I couldn’t talk to anybody about my feelings or what was happening at the time.  I can look back and realize it was just the normal drama that comes along with being a kid and then teenager.  Now, though, I need you more than ever.  I need somewhere to be able to put my thoughts, hopes and dreams down again. 

You never judged me, laughed at me or tried to talk me out of something.  You let me vent, cry and sometimes laugh when I wrote.  I need to find that feeling of freedom and not be so anxiety ridden.  Oh yes, as an adult I suffer from anxiety.  Too much of it as a matter of fact.  You always made my anxiety and fears go away. 

I make this promise that I will start writing to you again.  I need the release that unfortunately other people don’t seem to understand about me.  Yes, even my family.  They just tell me to get over it and move on.  Sometimes I can’t and being told that my feelings have no worth…well, that stops now.

Love,
Harlie

So why the diary entry?  Well, I do suffer from anxiety and to be honest…my husband doesn’t get me sometimes.  He doesn’t understand at times about writing, blogging, reviewing, etc.  Plus, forget about my girlfriends where I live now.  My online life is like a different planet to them.  But in a good way.  They don’t judge me about what I’m doing and I don’t bring it up.  I have been asked to join some book clubs now and those will start in the fall. 

In closing, I’m not going to attach anything book related.  Why?  Because I’ve asked for my rights back and my one and only story will be revised and expanded in the next couple of months.  The blurb and cover will change.  In fact, my story is in the hands of a very capable editor to see how I can actually add a “beginning” to my little short.  Oh yes, the beginning.  Plus, I need to change it from 1st POV to 3rd

Wish me luck on re-working my one and only book.  I’ll need it. 


Author Bio:
When she is not trying to be Super Blogger and reviewing for her own site, Harlie is a stay at home with a 5th grade son that keeps her busy with all of his stuff.  Married for 10 years to her own hero and still madly in love with him, she wouldn’t change a thing about her life.  Okay, maybe living in Ireland or New Zealand but those are just pipe dreams. 
A certifiable sports nut, she craves college football (OU Sooners and Texas A&M Aggies), Baseball (Texas Rangers and Houston Astros), Dallas Stars hockey and Houston Texans football.  After working for the Dallas Stars Hockey Club for 5 years and naming her son after Brian Leetch you’d think she write a hockey story.  Nope, been there, done that and the t-shirt is a rag.  She prefers just to watch the game now.  Less stress.
Harlie loves to hear from readers and other authors.  You can find her on Facebook most days.  Unless, she’s sitting in the carpool line.  The bane of her existence.

Author links:
Author site:  www.harliewilliams.com



5 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

I enjoyed your clever diary entry, Harlie. It's good to "see" you again. Good luck with your story. Glad you got your rights back. You'll love being an indie.

Harlie Williams said...

@Cara

Thanks so much. My other story (YA/NA crossover) is about a student blogger that falls in love with a "younger" boy. It follows their relationship from senior year in high school to college.

Need to freshen up my diary entries so my blogger won't look stupid. :)

Harlie

jean hart stewart said...

I'm about to try being an indie,, after 39 some books being published for me. I'm afraid to take the plunge, but determined to do so. Any tips would be appreciated. Much luck to you...

Molly Daniels said...

So good to 'see' you again Harlie:) Glad you're writing again!

Melissa Keir said...

I think we all often have those feelings! I'm glad you are back to writing and adding to your story. It was wonderful then but I can't wait to read it now!

Share buttons