All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, March 9, 2015

Flowers Speak to the Romantic in Me... #RB4U @melissa_keir

Flowers Speak to the Romantic in Me....


This month, our Romance Books 4 Us authors are blogging about castles and flowers, specifically daffodils. With Spring right around the corner, I'm looking for those first signs...tulips and daffodils. Already the robins are singing in the morning. If only Mother Nature would get on board!



I'm not into castles, too much cleaning, drafty and expensive for me. But I LOVE flowers. There's nothing like having your husband bring home flowers for you, or send flowers to your work. The scent brings back memories of happy times and each whiff reminds you of the person who sent them!

In my latest novella, Johnson O'Neill sends Debra flowers...not just one set of flowers but bunches and bunches. I fantasize about having a room full of flowers all sent by the person who loves you. Check out the excerpt and see just why flowers make a powerful statement.



EXCERPT:
      Debra stared at the flowers on her desk. Three days in a row. First sunny daffodils then pretty pink carnations, but today’s flowers took the cake—fragrant, deep-red roses. These flowers had arrived this morning along with a new cell phone and note.

      Debra,
      I’m sorry about the loss of your cellphone. Give me a second chance.
      Your Heartbroken Cowboy


      She wished she remembered more of that night. The snippets flowing through her memories were fuzzy but filled her with longing. It’d been so long since she’d wanted a man like she did Johnson O’Neill. If only liquor hadn’t been a part of it. 

Saddle Up with the best-selling authors who brought you Cowboy Up... And fall for Six more Cowboys ready to steal your heart!

Good Ride, Cowboy by Allison Merritt
Sometimes all you need is one good ride to clear your head.

Cowboy in Waiting by Leslie P. Garcia
She’d buried a hero. She wasn’t looking for another. But her cowboy in waiting was far from a hero…

Cowboy in Trouble by Autumn Piper
A cowboy on the run and a girl on the rebound make for a messy fling.

A Cowboy’s Heaven by Sara Walter Ellwood
From the hell of lost love, can they find heaven together?

Cowboy Proud by D’Ann Lindun
She left town to chase her dreams... He stayed and ignored his... Can they find their dreams together?

The Heartbroken Cowboy by Melissa Keir
Love isn’t found at the bottom of a bottle…

Johnson O’Neill joined The Heartsong Ranch to escape his addiction. One night at a friend’s wedding, stress causes him to fall off the wagon and into the arms of the woman of his dreams.

Debra Donahue lost her husband to alcohol then pulled herself up by her bootstraps becoming a million-dollar selling real estate agent. One night with a sexy cowboy and a bottle of whiskey, Debra falls hard.

Can an alcoholic cowboy and a brokenhearted woman find love despite their fears? Or will the bottom of a bottle claim another happily ever after?

20 comments:

Rose Anderson said...

I could just imagine that room full of flowers. A very romantic idea. :)

Liza O'Connor said...

1st, I'm losing faith we'll ever see my flowers ever again. I fear we have skipped global warming and proceeded directly to global freezing.

I never got flowers from my guy. The first was too occupied with trying to kill me, and the second once called and asked,"I have to buy flowers for the girls here, do you want some?" and I said No.

However, on the happier side, my grandmother was a master gardener and so as a child I spent a great deal of time moving pretty flowers from one place to another.

And finally, I love that excerpt about the phone too. Can't wait to get back to reading your book.

Daryl Devoré said...

I'd love a house full of flowers.
Great snippet.

Lynda Bailey said...

Lovely excerpt, Melissa - wishing you great success!

Diane Burton said...

I'm waiting for those spring flowers too, Melissa. I love it when Hubs brings home flowers. So sweet.

Nina Pierce said...

I can't wait until color returns to nature. The white landscape is getting oooold!! LOL!

And a room full of flowers ... *sigh* yes, such a romantic gesture. I love it when Mr. Nina brings home a bouquet of flowers from the grocery store for no reason at all. Makes me smile every time I look at them because I know he was thinking of me.

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Rose. If only.... *sigh*

Liza- I'm sorry that you never got flowers but I'm glad your grandpa was such an influence on your life.

Daryl- Waiting until it's too late isn't fun... let's get the flowers now!

Lynda- Thank you! From your lips to God's Ears...

Diane- I hear the robins in the morning, and I'm hoping Spring is on its way!

Paris said...

I love everything about flowers,receiving them, sending them, choosing just the right ones for my gardens and then putting together the arrangements. Maybe I'm just in a hurry for spring:) Great excerpt, btw!

Melissa Keir said...

Paris...I'm ready for spring too. My husband is the master gardener in my house. He's got the touch and I love sitting outside and seeing/smelling all his hard work.

Cara Marsi said...

Wonderful excerpt, Melissa. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. And I can't wait to see our daffodils and hyacinths poking their heads up from the ground. I love flowers too. My husband is not one for sending flowers and has only sent them to me a few times in 40 years. But he is good in other ways so I'll forgive him.

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your latest, Melissa - sounds wonderful! :)

Denysé Bridger said...

Terrific excerpt and the whole collection looks wonderful! Much success with it, Melissa. I love flowers, but I'm more inclined to go the other extreme and be very minimalist with it - so one or two is perfect for me.

Like Liza, though, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see natural flowers again... TOO much winter... enough already!

Happy Monday to all, and keep smiling in spite of it all.

Cheers,
Denyse

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I'm with you on cleaning a castle, Melissa! But they are fun to look at and explore. Flowers are awesome. There are so many and all go well with the color green for spring.

Renee Vincent said...

I love flowers too, Melissa, but I have to admit, I'm a castle lover as well. Who would've ever guessed that haha

Speaking of flowers, my man sends me flowers for no reason in particular and that means so much more to me than because a Hallmark holiday encourages it.

Congrats on being in that cowboy boxed set! So exciting!!!

jean hart stewart said...

My garden is my joy..being in California makes it so easy to have some blooms all year long. Since I put in my time i snowland I'm especially appreciative. Good post, Melissa...

Melissa Keir said...

Nina- I agree. Those no reason flowers are the best!

Cara- I think after the snow and cold, I will probably dance a little jig when the flowers pop through.

Tina- Thanks! I hope it goes well.

Denyse- Sometimes the best flowers are the ones that my children picked from the yard and brought me.

Vicki- Castles are fun to explore. I would love them more with a ghost!

Renee- Castles can be fun, and if I lived in the Middle Ages, I wish I owned one, but I do love my modern conveniences.

Jean- I'm jealous. To have flowers year round would be wonderful. I'm tired of the snow and cold.

Anonymous said...

Flowers wow me every time. Loved the post, Melissa!

darkwriter said...

I love flowers, too and getting them at work is always special.
I liked the excerpt. Very intriguing.
Beverley

D'Ann said...

My hubs is good about sending flowers! It's so special when he does!

Maris said...

I remember one day, years ago, when my husband and I were driving along the California coastline. Traffic was light, and suddenly he pulled the car over toward the median, put it in gear, opened the door, and picked a wild flower from the median, and handed it to me. "For you," he said, and we went on our way. Probably all illegal, but it was such an impromptu gesture, I loved it. (He has often purchased flowers for me, but I'll always remember this particular incident.)

Share buttons