All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Needed, new brain


New computer, new programs. Needed: new brain!

I’m about three days into switching from a PC to a Mac and I could be doing better. This is damned confusing, although everyone assures me that in a week I’ll be acclimated. HA!

So I’m taking the easy way out and posting some interesting quotes from the Motivation Grid.

The power of a single sentence is tremendous. A single sentence can either make your day or ruin it. Here are a few sentences to change your life for the better.

1.   People aren’t against you; they are for themselves.
2.   Climb mountains not so the world can see you,  but that you can see the world.
3.   You learn more from failure than from success; don’t let failure stop you. Failure builds character.
4.   The most dangerous risk of all- the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do so later.
5.   Go where you’re celebrated, not where you’re tolerated.
6.   The person you will spend the most time within your life is yourself, so you’d better try to make yourself as interesting as possible.
7.   If you accept your limitations you go beyond them.
8.   People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we re- commend it daily.
9.   Everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.
  10.Comfort is the enemy of achievement.

  Now comes the easy part! I’d love to know if any of these strike a chord with you, and which one it is.

I’ve picked out in my mind the one that grabbed me. If you’d comment and give me the number of which one grabbed you, and your choice duplicates mine you can go to my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com and pick out any e-book of mine you want.

Have fun with this…..and see you next month.

17 comments:

Fran Lee said...

#2 resonates with me. But then, so does # 5. And #10. And...

Tina Donahue said...

What a great post! :)

Sandy said...

Thanks a bunch for this, Jean. So many resonated with me, but #4 hit me on the nail since I'm a procrastinator. lol

Lynda Bailey said...

Jean~
Awesome post! They ALL resonate with me to one degree or another, but if I absolutely, positively have to choose... I'd say #2 - mostly because the athlete in me wants to physically climb mountains... ;)

Judy Baker said...

I choose #5 - love being around people that are positive and make me feel good.

Rose Anderson said...

Interesting post, Jean. I have to say #9 is the one that resonates with me. It's so very true. Empathy allows us deeper understanding.

jean hart stewart said...

Fran, Tina,and Sandy...Thank you all for liking my post. I was afraid it would come across preachy and I meant it for inspiring fun...Glad to know it read that way.....

jean hart stewart said...

Lynda, Judy and Rose..The different choices interest me a lot. Too early in the day to tell you the winner.

Paris said...

Great post, Jean! It's #9 for me. Empathy allows us to go beyond ourselves and is the root of understanding.

Barbara White Daille said...

Great quotes, Jean! I like #9 as it reminds me to be a better person and helps me to be a better writer.

Thanks for sharing them, and best of luck with the computer transition.

jean hart stewart said...

Paris and Barbara, thanks for reading an voting...No. 9 certainly wins the popularity contest, as any rate.Hard to pick, isn't it?

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love the one about the person you spend most of your time with is yourself and to be interesting. Being interested in those around us makes us more likeable and less self-centered.

jean hart stewart said...

That one is great, for sure. I'm so glad you all are responding to this.Definitely more comments than when I post an excerpt...

Cara Marsi said...

I like them all, Jean, but I'll pick #2. Thanks for an inspirational post.

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks for visiting Cara. I'm finding the different choices interesting in themselves. So pleased this blog has somehow resonated!!!!

Melissa Keir said...

So many of them hit me! But I'm going with #3. Failure is something that does give us more lessons and help than getting all the positives.

:) Thanks for sharing all the fun quotes!

jean hart stewart said...

No. nine was my pick,,So
Rose, Paris and Barbara, go to my website and then tell me your choice. I also have a bunch of new books being released at MuseitUp. If you prefer a long historical I'll send you that. It's not yet edited but is called 'Guilty Secrets'.
website is wwwjeanhartstewart.com.
email is jswriter@earthlink.net
Love to send you the book of your choice!

Share buttons