All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Interview of Author K. R. Haynes

Today I'd like to present an interview of romance author K. R. Haynes.

Latest Book: The Fire in Her Eyes
Buy Link

BIO:
"Come over to the wicked side of life!"
K. R. Haynes is an Australian Author based in Tasmania.

She has turned her love of reading romantic novels into a passion for writing her own erotic suspense BDSM series.

Her debut novel series In Her Eyes followed swiftly by His Dark Promise, an erotic novella, has fans around the world eager for her next creation.

When not writing and brainstorming new ideas for future books and sexy characters, K. R. Haynes enjoys cheering on her favorite AFL team, the Adelaide Crows, reading romantic fiction novels and catching up with friends and family for a good laugh or relaxing by the fire with a glass of her favorite Tasmania white wine.

Q: How did you celebrate publishing your first book?
A: When I was advised my first book, The Light in Her Eyes,was going to get published I was at work, so I spent a good couple of hours calling my family and friends to telling them the good news and celebrated the good news with my work colleagues.

Q: How much of yourself is hidden in the characters in the book?
A: There is probably more about me in my characters than I ever planned to share, but I don't mind sharing a bit of myself with them.

Q: Of all your characters, who’s your favorite, and why?
A: The hero in The Fire in Her Eyes, Mick Huon is definitely one of my favorite heroes. He's strong and stubborn, loyal to those who are close to him and so damn sexy he makes me swoon over him.

Q: Do you eat comfort food/listen to music when writing?
A: I always writing with music playing softly in the background. At the moment I mainly listen to country music as I love the passion, heartache, affection and the rawness that you can hear in the tunes.

Q: How do you choose names for your characters?
A: The characters usually choose theirs names for me,on the few occasions I've changed the names for something else, I've ended up going back to the original one.

Q: Covers. Ever get one you wish you could change?
A: The first first cover I had is too busy for me and I would love a chance to change it and make it simpler and less busy.

Q: Give one advice tip to an aspiring author.
A: Never give up. If writing is your dream then never give up on it!

Q: If you could give a younger version of yourself advice, what would it be?
A: Be braver and stronger and stand up for your rights.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing that you haven’t yet tried?
A: Paranormal and YA.

Q: Have you ever used an incident from your real life into one of your books?
A: Yes, in my first book I did use a couple of incidents that I used as a starting point for the book and for some of the scenes.

Q: Any part of a book that drives you crazy as you write: beginning, middle, or end?
A: Usually the beginning is the hardest part for me to start writing, mainly because I don't know much about the characters yet as they have barely introduced themselves to me.

Q: How many stories are swirling around in your head? Do you keep a mental list, a computer file, or a spiral notebook filled with the ideas?
A: I have several files and notes on my computer, iPad and mobile that are full of future books, scenes and characters I want to write. I also have about 200 names listed and ready to go for future heroes and heroines.

Fun Stuff:
Q: What is your favorite holiday spot and why?
A: Italy, Rome because the food and coffee are delicious, the weather is superb and the Italian men are to die for!

Q: What are two things people might be surprised to know about you?
A: Well, when I was a kid writing and spelling weren't my strong subjects in school.

A: Favorite food.
A: Roast lamb with all the trimmings and for dessert chocolate mousse.

Q: Favorite happy memory.
A: Any time I get to laugh or smile is a good memory for me.

Q: Favorite drink.
A: Coffee, the required liquid refreshment for a writer.

Q: Hot summer days or chilly winter nights?
A: Chilly nights as you can rug up and snuggle.

Q: What is the top thing on your bucket list?
A: To watch the New Years Eve fireworks in Sydney from either a boat on the harbour or from a rooftop over looking the harbour.

Q: If you could have a super power, what would it be?
A: Confidence, because I don't like doubting myself or my abilities.

Tell us where to find you:
website(s)
http://evelynstacey.weebly.com
http://krhaynesauthor.weebly.com/
publisher’s page: http://www.bookstrand.com/k-r-haynes
Facebook page(s)
https://www.facebook.com/Haynes/607074252640677
https://www.facebook.com/Evelyn.Stacey.author

BLURB:
Since the first night Officer Mick Huon met Mary J Sinclair down at the Convict Inn, fiery sparks of passion have flown between the two of them. After stealing one kiss from her, Mick decides it's best if he keeps his distance from Mary J, mainly due to his steadily rising affection for her that was stirred up from one brief tender moment they shared. What Mick hadn't counted on was for Mary J to seduce him. The woman has a fire within her that sets him ablaze with primal lust. To tame a stubborn redhead like Mary J, Mick will have to pull out all the stops if he's planning on enticing her into his bed. But when Mary J's dark past collides with the present, it stirs up more trouble than they were both prepared for. Can Mick conquer Mary J's past in time or will he end up losing her forever?

EXCERPT: Warning: Adult Language
Closing the door quietly behind him with his booted foot, Mick stood there for a minute drinking in the sight of her hard at work on the computer. Her posture looked tense as she frowned down at something on the computer screen. Her long coppery-red curls flowed wildly around her shoulders and softened some of the tension he could feel emanating off of her. When she glanced up at him, he winced when she narrowed her eyes at him angrily. Oh yeah, she was in one hell of a feisty little mood tonight all right.

Stepping up closer to the desk, he held out one of the beers in his hand for her to take. "Here, I brought a peace offering in for you."

The muscles in his jaw twitched at seeing one of her neatly manicured eyebrows rise up as she answered him.

"And why would you need a peace offering to see me, Mick?"

"You know damn well why. Now here take this will you and be done with it."

The look on her face told him he had just said the absolute wrong thing to her. Shit.

"Be done with it? And what exactly should I been done with, Mick?"

"Like I said, you know damn well why, Mary J." He growled and couldn't help doing it either.

He nearly laughed at her though when she snatched the bottle of beer from his hand and took a large sip of it before answering him. "No, I don't know, so why don't you enlighten me. I'm all ears." Her no-nonsense voice made his dick lengthen in reaction to hearing it.

"Do I really need to spell it out to you, sugar?"

"Yes."

He groaned at the sight of the small knowing smirk curving at her lips, the same lips he was desperate to taste again. That one night in the hospital chapel where he first kissed her had been too short lived for him to have a decent taste of her, and only left him craving more of her sweet taste on him.

"Fine, you win all right. I've come here to apologise to you." Mick held up his hand when she tried to butt in. "I shouldn't have shown up the other night with my date."

"No, you probably shouldn't have. But then again you have every right to be dating, Mick." She surprised him with that answer and then shocked him even further when she added on quietly, "Do you regret what happened between us that night in the chapel? Is that why you flaunted your date in front me the other night?"

"Now wait just a damn minute there, sweetness, before you go accusing me of doing wrong by you. For one thing, I never intentionally flaunted my date in front of you and I've just apologised for it, so far as I'm concerned it's history. Secondly, I don't regret a damn thing when it comes to you or even when I'm with you." Oh shit did he just say that out loud? A quick glance at Mary J and Mick knew he had. The shocked look on her face was clearly evident from hearing his untimely omission. He would be the first to admit that he had just screwed this whole evening up by having a slip-of-the-tongue moment. Fuck.

Scrubbing a hand roughly through his hair, Mick raised his gaze to hers and forced the words that he needed to say to her out of his damnable mouth. "I'm going about this all the wrong way. Look, Mary J, I just came here tonight to apologise to you for the way I acted the other night. That's all."


Anything else you’d like to add?
That I'll now be writing under the name of Evelyn Stacey. http://evelynstacey.weebly.com/

5 comments:

Sandy said...

The excerpt was great, and so was the cover. It's nice to have a chance to get to know you, K.R.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your interview, K.R. Hot looking cover!

Rose Anderson said...

I enjoyed the interview, KR. Thanks for joining us today. Best luck!

Cara Marsi said...

Good interview. I love the cover of your book, and the story sounds terrific. I've visited Australia because I have relatives in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne. I rang in New Year's 2002 at Sydney Harbor. One of the best memories of my life. I'd love to visit Australia again and to go to Tasmania. Best of luck to you.

Melissa Keir said...

It's great to learn more about you KR. I love the cover and the idea of the book. I'm dying to visit Australia. But so far, no such luck. I wish you much success with your books!

Share buttons