CRAP. It's worse than before! When will they learn that "If it ain't broke, don't FIX it"????
I've been hearing stories about people not finding groups, etc., all week. But, from what I saw, nothing had changed.
UNTIL Thursday. Then WHAM...I fell into a Yahoo hell hole!
1. I can't find all my groups. 20 groups show on the page. Where are the other 50??? Including some from my publishers? And, ones I rely on to do promotional work??
2. I can't "fix" the banner that now appears for two of my groups. I had square icons for both groups. If I try to remove the banner and put in an icon, it comes out fuzzy and isn't sized to fit a banner.
Right now, I have a Chinese (?) banner for one group and a nondescript couples' banner for the other.
3. Albums? Where the hell did they go?
4. Calendar? It's still there, but now called "Events". Gee. Thanks for all the warning about this.
Wait a minute. Was there a warning? Anyone receive one?
5. Files. Why is the Files section empty?
6. Home Page. I can't edit the wording. Home Pages don't show when I click on groups. Conversations (message) pages show. To find the Home Page, you have to click on "About".
And, there's so much more. I swear, maybe Yahoo wants us all to leave. I worked hard to get two groups going and set up a promo schedule with other groups. Moved my fan letter list to one group. If they can't find me, I'll lose members/fans.
PLEASE COMPLAIN TO YAHOO. THEY NEED TO HEAR HOW DIFFICULT AND NONSENSICAL THIS NEW APPROACH IS.
If everyone goes to http://groups.yahoo.com/ , look on the far top right next to your user name, you'll see a little wheel. Click that to open and then click Suggestions. You'll see a lot of angry posts to yahoo and can vote/add suggestions. Here's their standard response:
We deeply value how much you, our users, care about Yahoo! Groups. Today we launched our first update to the Groups experience in several years and while these changes are an important step to building a more modern Groups experience, we recognize that this is a considerable change. We are listening to all of the community feedback and we are actively measuring user feedback so we can continuously make improvements.
I've started to get some responses from my many "suggestions"/questions, and some make no sense at all...and don't "fix" anything.
What about you? What's your experience?
Photo: Flickr: moniquz's photostream