Here we are at the end of another year, and where has the time gone? For me this year went by faster than any other, and I don't know why. I didn't do any more than usual; in fact, I think I accomplished less. The reason for this could be age and what it represents for some of us. I'm slowing down and not doing as much as I used to.
This brings me to the time of the year when we all think of making New Years resolutions. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to make promises I usually can't keep. It has come to me that to make resolutions doesn't mean you have to keep them, but you have to try to do better.
If I make a resolution and only keep it 3, 6, or 8 months I've accomplished something. It may not be for the whole year, but it is better to complete some of what you want to do than none of them.
All of this being said, I have more New Years resolutions for this year:
1. Spend more time with hubby and family because they won't be here forever.
2. Contact friends more often (especially those far away)
3. Exercise (a must)
4. Get together with friends more than once every three or four months.
5. Clean the house
You see what's at the bottom in those resolutions. lol
1. Never ever do a blog tour around a holiday.
2. Finish two short stories and submit.
3. Finish two novels and submit.
4. Promote next short story.
I have no idea how many of these I'll be able to keep, but I bet I keep some of them.
Enjoy the rest of 2013 because it won't be here again. I hope 2014 is a healthy and Happy New Year for all of us.
Sandra K. Marshallhttp://www.skaymarshall.com