All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, December 16, 2013

Interview of Author Adele Downs

Today I'd like to present an interview of romance author Adele Downs.

Latest Book: SANTA TO THE RESCUE
Buy Links: Only $.99!
Amazon Kindle
B&N Nook


BIO:
Adele Downs writes contemporary romance inside the office of her rural Pennsylvania home. She is a former journalist, published in newspapers and magazines inside the USA, UK, and Caribbean.

Adele is an active member of Romance Writers of America and her local RWA chapter where she serves as past-president. She has written several articles for RWR magazine (Romance Writers Report), the trade journal of Romance Writers of America, and has presented workshops for writers. When she isn’t working on her current project, she can be found riding in her convertible or reading a book on the nearest beach.

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: I love my heroine, Heather Longhurst, but Jamey Tucker, the firefighter hero of SANTA TO THE RESCUE, is my idea of the perfect man. He’s strong, big-hearted, and honorable. Writing his character was pure pleasure. I hope readers love him as much as I do.

Q: Do you eat comfort food when writing? If so, what food inspires your imagination?
A: I drink a cup of decaffeinated coffee at my desk in the morning; otherwise I’d be wired so tight by caffeine I’d be unable to work. I try not to eat while I’m working, either, because certain foods make me sluggish. It’s best for me to keep food out of my office. At meal times, I take a break and go to my kitchen.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: I read every day. When I’m not reading, I watch TV or movies. I like to walk the trails near my home for exercise.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: My readers say my stories are filled with emotion. I appreciate hearing that.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing in but haven’t yet done so? Why?
A: Thrillers keep me turning the pages. When I’m not reading or writing romance, I read novels of suspense. I’d like to write a thriller or suspense novel one day. Right now, though, I’m busy writing romance.

Q: Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs, Chats, or Twitter. Which do you like best and why?
A: I love Facebook and my blog, but I also like Twitter and make occasional pins to Pinterest. Please do join me on social media! Let’s connect.

Visit Adele Downs on her blog at http://adeledowns.wordpress.com/
Like Adele Downs on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/authoradeledowns
Follow Adele Downs on Twitter! @Adele_Downs

BLURB: A sweet firefighter contemporary romance novella - New Release! From Entangled Publishing

Firefighter Jamey Tucker knows three things in life to be true: An honorable man doesn't go back on his word, never hurts a woman, and lasting love isn't a myth. But with his recent move to a new job at the Appleton Fire station, the long hours don't offer hope of finding the love he’s looking for.

When Jamey meets beautiful pediatric nurse Heather Longhurst after hearing her sing Santa Baby in a supermarket aisle, he offers her a promise he discovers he can't keep. Heather has been betrayed by men in the past, making it hard for Jamey to gain her trust. Determined to find a way to win her heart, Jamey uses firefighter engine-uity and Heather's favorite song to prove he's got Christmas spirit she can believe in all year.


EXCERPT:
She laughed out loud this time, and the sound of her voice rang through the air, pure and clear. He could listen to that voice for hours. “These are for my kids at the hospital. I’m an R.N. at County. We’re decorating the pediatric ward. And spoiling the children too, a bit. I’m baking cookies for our holiday party on Saturday.”
She held out her hand for a handshake. “I’m Heather Longhurst.”
Jamey introduced himself and took her hand. He told her what he did and where he worked. Her skin felt soft against his palm, though her grasp conveyed confidence and strength.
He cocked his chin. “What kind of cookies?”
“Chocolate chip, of course. Is there any other kind?”
Jamey shook his head. He could almost taste melted dark chocolate and smell the aromas of fresh baked flour, eggs and sugar filling her kitchen. His mouth watered. He hoped she couldn’t hear his stomach rumble. He hadn’t eaten in over fourteen hours. “No ma’am.”
Heather returned a lopsided grin. “You’re not from around here, are you?”
“Southern Indiana, born and raised.”
She moved out of the way of an elderly couple trying to pass with their half-filled shopping cart. Jamey moved too and they strolled together toward the exit. “I’ll make a plate of cookies for you, if you stop by the hospital to pick it up.” She said.
Jamey smiled at her, his heart lifting at the turnaround in his day. “That’s the best offer I’ve had since I moved to Appleton.”
“You’re new in town?”
“Been here almost three months.”
“Glad to meet you, Jamey Tucker. See you about one o’clock?”
“I’ll be there. Count on it.”
“I will.” She smiled back and their gazes locked. His mood soared with the realization she was flirting with him. The day had definitely taken a turn for the better.

15 comments:

ELF said...

I like that, engine-uity. Cute story that does such a great job of evoking the season!

Sandy said...

Adele, the word engine-uity caught my attention, too. Something else that caught my attention was your cover. Your hero is great looking.

I like the premise of your story.
Also, I would love to be walking the beach with you. Smile!

Tina Donahue said...

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?

A: My readers say my stories are filled with emotion. I appreciate hearing that.

Love your answer, Adele. So true. Emotions are what sell a story. :)

Cara Marsi said...

Waving to you, Adele. I loved Santa to the Rescue. And it's true that your stories are filled with emotion. I read all your stories. Wouldn't miss one. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

Adele Downs said...

Hi ELF and Sandy--

I had to smile that you liked my pun about firefighter engine-uity. That play on words was totally spontaneous. My fingers typed the word without me thinking when I wrote the story summary for my editor. It made us laugh--so we kept it. Jamey Tucker's engine-uity is key to the plot, so the pun really worked to the story's advantage.

Thanks for your support. Happy holidays!

Best--Adele

Rose Anderson said...

I agree, realistic emotions just make a story better. Nice to get to know you, Adele. Thanks for joining us today. Best luck.

Adele Downs said...

Hi Tina and Cara--

A story is only successful if it evokes our emotions. So far, readers say they love SANTA TO THE RESCUE because it's a 'feel good' holiday story with an original hook. Those are huge compliments, which humble me.

I appreciate your support so much.

Thanks, Cara, for buying my books. I'm working on edits to my January release KISSING HER COWBOY. I hope you like that story too.

Best--Adele

Paris said...

Santa to the Rescue sounds like a wonderful holiday story! I loved the excerpt and your characters. Looking forward to reading it and your upcoming release:)

Adele Downs said...

Hi Rose and Paris--

Thanks for the welcome, Rose. Nice to meet you too.

Thanks for buying my book, Paris. I hope you enjoy the story (do let me know)!

I appreciate your support!

Best--Adele

Nicole Morgan said...

Aww... I love Christmas themed romance stories! :) This one sounds great, Adele!

Melissa Keir said...

Welcome Adele. I'm glad that I got to learn more about you on the blog. I am jealous that you are working full time on your writing.

Emotions are my favorite part of writing and I love your cover too!

All the best!
Melissa

Adele Downs said...

Thanks for your kind words Nicole and Melissa!

Best--Adele

Adele Downs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I enjoyed getting to know more about you, Adele, and your writing process. You are very disciplined about keeping food and caffeine out of your office! I love your book cover. Thanks for sharing, it's nice to have you with us.

Adele Downs said...

Nice to see you again, Gemma. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

Many thanks to Marianne for hosting me.

Merry Christmas!

Best--Adele

Share buttons