Ready to start the new year with some more quirky quotes?
Here’s a few that intrigued me.
1. Beware the man of one book. Thomas Aquinas.
(And isn’t that an interesting thought?)
2. When making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons. In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, decisions should always come from the subconscious, from somewhere within ourselves. The important decisions of our personal lives should be governed by the deep inner needs of our nature. Sigmund Freud.
3. The thing that’s important too know is that you never know. You’re always sort of feeling your way. Diane Arbus, photographer.
4. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa.
5. Never be the first to arrive at a party or the last to go home. And never ever, be both. David Brown
With the new year underway I find myself playing catch-up. Luckily my edits on Forbidden Pursuit are done, and I’ll end with an excerpt. Hope you like it.
"She threw back her head and used one hand to smooth her heavy hair from her laughing face.
, you frightened me. Oh, and you’re
right. C’est merveilleuse. Swimming
nude is so wonderful, I doubt I’ll ever want to put my suit on again.” Arden
“You won’t have to if you marry me. We can always swim like this. Together. As much as you want.”
She started to answer, and then reared back to look into his eyes.
“You’re serious, aren’t you? But we haven’t known each other long enough for you to feel certain of what you’re saying.”
“Haven’t we?” His voice was rough as grabbed her legs and wrapped them around his waist. She clung to his shoulders, her eyes shocked but curious and intrigued. His scorching kiss widened her eyes even further, but she made no move except to tighten her hold on his neck.
She gasped again. “You put something warm in me.”
I can be found at all the usual places, Facebook, Twitter, Ellora's Cave, and of course my own website, www.jeanhartstewart.com. I'm now halfway through my 31st book, entitled Fearless Pursuit, and will have a big celebration with prizes when it's done!