All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

All about Love


Valentine's Day is coming up soon, and although I'm not an authority on love I'm a romantic suspense author who writes about love.  The old saying: Love thy neighbor as you do yourself comes to mind.  Who do you love?

There are many different kinds of love. For instance, love between spouses, love between parents and their children, love between siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles and a whole slew of people.  I love everyone even those I don't really like because I care what happens to them.

In many cases there are varying degrees of affection for the people you care about.  Of course, you're going to love those who are the closest to you like your husband, children and other family members, but there's always room for others. 

Friends come to mind for me and I have several lifelong friends.  I have great affection for them, or I wouldn't have stayed in touch with them.  You can love neighbors who become friends when you have lived next to them for years. 

Is it possible to love someone who hurts you?  I draw the line at loving people who abuse others physically or mentally, but I write about them in my stories.  I even humanize them with some background about them, but I can't care for them in their present lives because they chose the wrong path.  Or in my stories, the path I chose for my character.  This is when you have to care and love the victim.

I love my hubby more than anyone.  When my mother was alive it was a tossup between hubby and mom because I loved them both equally, although, in totally different ways.  My siblings and children are next in line, and then the rest of the family, friends, etc. 

Who matters most to you?

Sandra K. Marshall
http://www.eirelander-publishing.com
http://www.sandramarshallblog.blogspot.com  

7 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

Very inspiring blog. My husband and my son mean the most to me. I thank God he sent them to me. In my late 20's, I did some things I now regret and I was on the wrong path. My husband's love saved me, then I had my son. Those two are the loves of my life.

Sandy said...

Thank you for coming by Cara. If it weren't for my mother I could have easily gotten onto the wrong path. She listened to me, and because she did it kept me on the right path.

Tina Donahue said...

I draw the line at physical/verbal abuse, alcoholism and drug use. I'd never be that lonely to let a person like that in my life. Finding someone who celebrates you for who you really are (not what they want you to be) is truly a gift. :)

Paris said...

Great blog, Sandy. You're right of course, everyone does have a story and giving your reader the background on those people shows insight into your characters. Kudos to you. I'd have to say that for me, family comes first in the love department:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

Tina, I totally agree with you.

Thank you, Paris. Family should always come first.

Share buttons