I know St. Patrick's Day is long gone for this year, but I think these are very entertaining no matter what day it is. I hope you enjoy!
IRELAND - HOME SWEET HOME
The only place where........
- If you die from alcohol poisoning, you're considered a lightweight
- "Fu*k off" means "Are you serious?"
- The person that you insult most is probably your best friend
- Saying "I will, yeah" means that you definitely won't
- "Fu*k it, it's grand" means that you couldn't be bothered to finish it properly
- "He's fond of a drink" means he suffers from severe life-threatening alcoholism
- Saying you're going for a drink means you might not be seen again for 3 days
- Crisps are called 'Taytos' and fizzy drinks are called 'minerals'
- "For the craic" is the best reason for doing anything
- The best cure for a hangover is more drink
- Nobody can go a day without saying "Jaysus"
- "Meeting" has a double meaning
- Tea is the solution to every problem
- And water is the solution to every GAA injury
- "I got stuck behind a tractor" is a perfectly valid reason for being late
- You can insert the name of a farming or gardening tool into any sentence and it still makes sense, e.g. "I had a rake of drink last night" or "I'll be out in a minute, I'm just shoveling down the dinner"
- Saying "Now we're sucking diesel" means that you are happy with the outcome of the situation
- Drinking "tae" is everyone's favourite past time
- You're scared of the wooden spoon
- The word 'like' goes in every sentence
- You can say "Any craic?" to a garda and you won't get arrested
- 'The dogs' boll*cks' means something brilliant
Find Renee Vincent at:
The Emerald Isle Trilogy - available now!
(in ebook and print formats)