All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, December 16, 2011

Interview of Author Dana Littlejohn

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Dana Littlejohn.

Latest Book: The Seven Year Switch
Buy Link: http://www.museithotpublishing.com

BIO:
Dana Littlejohn was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, but has called Indianapolis, Indiana her home for over ten years. Her to-do list grows everyday and the ideas continue to flow. She has a nine to five, but spends almost every other waking moment creating new and dazzling worlds.

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: LOL I screamed and scared my cat half to death and then I cried because I couldn’t believe it. When my husband came home I told him and we went out to dinner to celebrate and toasted with a glass of wine. Now, every time I sign a contract I toast with a glass of wine.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: I think emotion is the hardest. Once you commit to a character you have to work hard to keep your emotions out of the equation and stay true to what your character would do in whatever situation you have them. It’s real easy to just write what you would do.

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: I love Tony B from The Lover and the Firefly. Determined, sexy, handsome and he loved his woman unconditionally. All he wanted was to make his girl happy in everything he did.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: I’m a crafter. I crochet to clear my mind of the last book I wrote before I start another.

Q: What is your favorite romance book that you’ve read?
A: Bertrice Small’s To Love Again. I can’t even remember how many times I’ve read it. LOL

Q: Facebook, MySpace, Blogs, Chats, or Twitter. Which do you like best and why?
A: I like Facebook. You can interact in real time with friends and readers all around the world. However, I am getting to like the blogging thing.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
http://www.danalittlejohn.net
http://www.authordanalittleohn.blogspot.com
I have a Facebook fan page: authordanalittlejohn
My publishers are:
Red Rose Publishing
Muse it Hot Publishing
Secret Cravings Publishing
Phaze
Freya’s Bower

TAG:
Could you make the switch from dutiful, submissive wife to paddle wielding queen bee to save your marriage?

BLURB:
Sonja Winters was enjoying the good life with a great job and being married to the man of her dreams. As she prepared to celebrate their seven year anniversary she came across a secret that her husband had been keeping from her that would alter the course of their marriage forever.

EXCERPT:
Bianca’s make-up was not at all over done or clownish, but light and delicate. She wore minimal jewelry and pulled her neatly brushed hair back into a low pony tail that rested lightly on her left shoulder. The only thing that took away from her girl-next-door appearance was the black patent leather stilettos on her feet.

Hello Sonja,” she greeted with a sultry Spanish accent and extended her hand. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Sonja shook off her stunned feeling and took her hand. “I wish I could say the same, but under the circumstances...”

“Yes, I understand.” Bianca sat next to her and openly looked her over. “I see now why he chose you. You are beautiful and strong. You will be able to control him well.”

Sonja scoffed. Her anger at the situation came back, fueled by Bianca’s nonchalant description of her ability to deal with her husband.

“If you’re talking about my husband, I was controlling him just fine until you came along.”

“Hmm, I can appreciate how you must feel, but you do not have all the facts.”

Bianca clapped her hands and two men appeared. They looked similar to the biker guy who led her into the room except they were much younger and more firmly built. They dropped to one knee and bowed their heads.

“Yes, Mistress,” they said in unison.

Sonja’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Bianca’s voice roused her from her stunned state.

“Sonja, would you like a drink?”

“Uh…”

“Coffee, tea, perhaps a glass of wine,” she offered.

“Umm, yes, a glass of wine would be nice.”

“You heard her and bring fruit, too,” she told the men.

Sonja’s emotions teetered between anger, confusion and amazement. These large and strong looking, fully grown men were seemingly at Bianca’s beck and call. They left the room to do her bidding with only a comprehensive nod. She turned a look to Bianca. Sonja was sure her face reflected the surprise and shock wavering inside her over the men’s behavior. It was hard to hide as she looked at her hostess.

“Please, allow me to explain. These men come to me from various places and all walks of life, but they all want the same thing and they pay me to give it to them.”

“Uh-huh, and what’s that?”

“They want to be dominated by a woman.”

Before Sonja could question her further the men returned. One carried a silver tray with bowls of green grapes, cherries and cut melon while the other held a similar tray with four glasses and two bottles of wine. Again they kneeled before her and waited.

“I did not know if you wanted red or white, so I had them bring both. Which do you prefer?”

Sonja’s head tilted. “How did he know to bring both?”

“Because he is trained to do that,” Bianca answered matter-of-factly. “Red or white, darling?”

“Oh, umm, white is fine.”

“Pour the white and return the other to the kitchen. Put the fruit on the table and then you both may wait over there until needed,” Bianca directed with a wave of her hand.

The men stood and did as instructed. The one holding the wine popped the top off and filled the two slender glasses. He removed the other bottle and the more rounded stemware before leaving the room. Bianca handed Sonja a glass. The other man slid the tray onto the coffee table, and then quickly moved to stand in the spot Bianca indicated. Upon his return, the first man joined his counterpart in the corner across the room.

“Submissive men will always seek strong women because they are in need of her guidance,” Bianca said continuing her explanation.

Bianca’s voice was in an audible octave, not at all a whisper for Sonja’s benefit or to spare the feelings of the men. Sonja sipped her drink and sent a quick glance toward them. To her surprise, they stood at perfect attention, staring straight ahead showing no signs of emotion at all to what Bianca just said.

“Yes, well, I wouldn’t know that, Bianca. My husband is not a submissive man.”

“No disrespect to what you think you know, Sonja, but I beg to differ. Kyle is, in fact, a submissive man. He is what I call an alpha submissive. At work he can be very dominate and extremely aggressive when it comes to other men, but with a woman he has the desire to be humble and subservient.”

Sonja crossed her legs and turned her body toward her adversary. “Look, you must have my husband confused with another one of your men,” she sent a pertinent wave in the men’s direction, “because I know my husband. Kyle and I have been together for—“

“You have been together for the last ten years. You met while you were still in college. Kyle’s company was doing a project on your campus. He bumped into you, and you guys have been together ever since. Since then, you have graduated and have become a successful lawyer. You and Kyle were married October fourteenth, and yesterday made your seventh year anniversary. You have no children, but you want at least two, and a dog. You are leaning toward the Jack Russell breed because you want a smart dog that will not out-grow the child physically.”

Sonja’s eyes widened as she raised the cup to her mouth.

“Have I left anything out?”

Anything else you’d like to add?

I just want thanks Romance Books R Us for having me. I look forward to sharing my new releases with you in 2012 as well.

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your flourishing writing career, Dana. Nice excerpt. :)

Adele Dubois said...

Nice to meet you. Best of luck with your release!

~Adele

jean hart stewart said...

Sounds like an intriquing book with a new twist..thanks for the introduction to your work....Jean

Fran Lee said...

Wonderful interview, ladies! Thanks for the look into another author's life!

Share buttons