All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Best Christmas...

I'll list my answers and you tell me yours!

Best Christmas movie: "White Christmas" starring Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. I've seen it hundreds of times and never fail to watch it every December.

Best Christmas book: "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. I remember being scared as I read it the first time, but couldn't put the book down. So many movies have been made about it; so many versions and take-offs that are amusing but not the same.

Best Christmas main dinner: Turkey. Yes, sometimes I make lasagna, but turkey has always been my favorite!

Best Christmas Carol: Silent Night. Yes, it's a religious song but I grew up believing in God and love all the religious songs.

Best Children's Christmas Story: "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"- original poem by Robert L. May. As a child, it fascinated me and I loved reading it to my kids and grandchildren. Always read it when I taught school.

Best Christmas cookie: Sugar cookies cut into Christmas shapes. Love making these and decorating them.

Best Christmas dessert: Chocolate Mousse Pie. All my family loves this!

Best Christmas gift: satellite dish. My husband got it so we could get baseball games (this was before cable showed them).

Best Christmas memory of gifts I made: three dollhouses for my daughters. I worked nights while they slept or during school hours to make the wooden (pre-cut) houses and shopped for three different sets of furniture.

Best Christmas collectibles: manger scenes. I love finding different ones.

Best Christmas morning meal: cinnamon rolls...nothing like the smell of warm cinnamon rolls!

Best way to celebrate Christmas: surrounded by family and friends.

For those who don't celebrate Christmas, what are your favorite whatever holiday traditions?

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Whatever to Everyone!

Photos: Flickr: amy_b, xcode photostreams

10 comments:

Mary Corrales said...

Loved the list! My Best Christmas collectibles are Nutcrackers. I have almost a hundred of them in all shapes and sizes. It's a story I've loved forever.

So romantic...

Unknown said...

I love your list too. I collect ornaments. Every year the kids all get a new one representing something special they did that year.
I have all their handmade ones from school. That makes our tree feel special to me. :)

Merry Christmas Marianne!

Paris said...

BCM: "It's A Wonderful Life"
Christmas Dinner: Polish Roast (Roast cooked with mushrooms, onions & dill pickles. Add sour cream at the end and cooked home made noodles:)
BCC: Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer because it was the first CC I taught my sons.
BCCS: Same:)
BCCookie: Jam Thumbprints
BCD: Broken Glass Cake
BCG: Everyone home for Christmas
BCM: My oldest was obsessed with Godzilla (at 3)and we got him a huge action figure that roared and shot a red plastic flame when you pulled a lever. We still have to watch a Godzilla movie every Christmas:)
BCMM: A slice of buttered Poviticia (Croatian nut bread)topped with ham--did I mention we have a no-calorie rule for that day:)
Merry Christmas, Marianne!

Tina Donahue said...

Best Christmas Movie: Toss up between The Grinch That Stole Christmas and A Christmas Story (I think that's the name of it). The one where the little boy in the
50s wanted a BB gun for Christmas. So cute. :)

Molly Daniels said...

My Christmas collectibles are Nutcrackers and candleholders.

Movie: Prancer

Carol: O Holy Night and Here Comes Santa Clause

Irreverent song: Walking Round in Women's Underwear and I want a Hippopatomus for Christmas

jean hart stewart said...

Love reading the blog and all the comments about Xmas....I love candles, and stuffed toys.. BIG stuffed toys! My kids think I'm crazy but secretly like it, I think!

Nicole Morgan said...

I see we have many of the same likes, although the lasagna did surprise me. :)

I myself collect snowglobes. Which take up a lot of room but can be sooooo very pretty. :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Katalina Leon said...

I love your list but I'd add "Silver Bells" to the best Christmas songs.
Aren't you glad you made those doll houses?
XXOO Kat

Adele Dubois said...

I love homemade chocolate chip cookies at Christmastime. I don't bake them anymore, though, because I'll eat them. Lol.

Merry Christmas!

Best--Adele

Marianne Stephens said...

Thanks for listing/mentioning your "BEST Christmas..."

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Share buttons