There was a time, not so long ago, that I didn’t own a television. I was a young, self-supporting woman, working both full-time and part-time jobs to pay bills for the modest house and car I owned. Between jobs, I worked out almost every day at the gym. During free time I played racquetball, skied, or read. For fun I went to clubs with friends or out on dates. Television wasn’t even part of my vocabulary.
Today, things are different. I’m happily married and as domesticated as a house cat. Though I still work hard, read a lot, and routinely exercise, TV has become my biggest guilty pleasure. The joys of HD and On Demand have introduced me to a whole new world of fun. God help me if I ever subscribe to cable. Who says there’s nothing good on television?
Here’s my list of never-to-be-missed shows:
1. Survivor. Still my all-time favorite, year after year.
2. The Good Wife. The best written and acted show on the air.
3. Revenge. One of the best TV dramas, ever. Totally addictive.
4. Grimm. We learn that the fairy tales are real! Soooo scary, but
5. Once Upon A Time. What’s not to like about the not-too-scary fairy
6. Prime Suspect. Maria Bello is awesome in this detective series.
7. Against The Wall. This Lifetime police drama is terrific!
8. Project Runway. Fascinating insight into the creative process of
9. Judge Judy. Want to know how the law works? Watch her.
10. Burn Notice. Still hooked after five seasons of outrageous stunts.
I won’t list my Honorable Mentions, because TV is a guilty pleasure. I’m an author, and my first loyalty will always be to books. When I’m not reading or writing, though, you know where to find me.
What is your favorite TV show? New or old?
The heroine in my new release TEMPTED uses interactive television with 3D Mental Image Projection to spice up her ordinary life. She soon discovers, however, that too much of a good thing inevitably leads to trouble.
Is sexual fantasy cheating? If so, Emily’s got a problem. Though she’s never been unfaithful to her husband in reality, she’s found a new hobby with 3D Mental Image Projection. In the privacy of her home, she indulges her secret desires on interactive TV. What else is a lonely woman of a certain age to do?
When Emily wins a weekend getaway to mystical Isle de Paradises, she swears she won’t stray. But temptation lures her at every turn. Desirable men want her and beautiful women pursue her. When Paradises’ youth-restoring powers crumble her resistance, Emily is faced with an irrevocable choice. Her decision will forever alter her life and the fate of her marriage.
TEMPTED available on Amazon Kindle or B&N Nook!