All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Interview of Author Emma Paul

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Emma Paul!

Latest Book: Soulmate's Touch
Buy Links:
http://sizzler-editions.blogspot.com/search/label/Emma%20Paul (Renaissance eBooks Inc., Sizzle Intoxications Line)
http://www.amazon.com/SOULMATES-TOUCH-ebook/dp/B004ZZT26E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1309997150&sr=8-1
http://www.adultebookshop.com/Emma_Paul-all-titles.php

BIO:
Emma Paul lives in her own little fantasy world…well at least when she is creating the fantastical tales that seem to manifest every second of every day within the confines of her mind. She is happily married with children, and loves writing and sharing her imagination with anyone willing to read or listen to her stories. Her hope is to bring happy feelings into peoples lives by giving them a way to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Her wild, imaginative, and sexy tales will take you away to far off places where anything is possible and romance is hot.

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: I took my glasses off, cleaned them and put them back on. I read the email over and over again to make sure it was real. I even had my husband look at it, to make sure I was reading the acceptance correctly. I was shocked, happy, nervous and excited at the same time.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: That’s a good question and difficult to answer. As a writer I find I’m harder on myself. It seems I am constantly looking for the weaker points of my writing, in order to improve them. I never really sat down and listed all the strengths. Perhaps THAT is my strength, always striving to learn how to improve my craft. I want to bring the best story forward to my readers. I want them to feel good at the end of my stories. Most importantly I want them to remember my tales and have them go back and reread it, because they enjoyed it that much.

Q: What part of the book is the easiest for you to write? Why?
A: For me the easiest part of the book would have to be the middle. When I get past the intro/beginning, the story takes on a life of it’s own. Usually I’m on a roll by the time the characters meet. Love scenes are pretty easy for me write as well, mainly because I have a very vivid imagination and am not shy about using it.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: Well, the first four chapters are usually the most difficult for me. Really, the beginnings of my stories are the hardest. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because of the novelty of the story, and my desire to make it unique.

Q: Do all your heroes and all heroines look the same in your mind as you “head write”?
A: My hero’s are almost always an alpha type, the fantasy man, if you will. I like for them to be big, strong with a bit of attitude, yet compassionate, loyal and faithful. I do try to enhance certain characteristics with each new hero; some may be more “macho” then others. In this case the heroines, will have to take them down a peg. And my heroines, I try to make them as relatable as possible to the reader. I give them average lives. For example I more apt to write a heroine that’s a waitress at some greasy-spoon diner, rather then a secret agent or heiress of a huge fortune.

Q: What is your favorite romance book that you’ve read?
A: That would have to be Knight of A Trillion Stars by Dara Joy and The Empress’s New Clothes by Jaid Black. These were the books that really got me hooked on Erotic Sci-Fi/paranormal/fantasy romance. I have read so many great books however; it would take too long to list them all.

Tell us where to find you:
http://emmapaulwrites.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/Emmapaul041
http://www.facebook.com/#!
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5003074.Emma_Paul

BLURB:
Romiel is a gargoyle, an offspring of a Demon father and Vampire mother. Cursed by a powerful human wizard, Romiel and all Gargoyles are imprisoned in stone. And only the touch of a true Soulmate can free him. The moment that Joyce touches Romiel, she knows there is a strong bond between them. Although she tries to justify why loving a Gargoyle is wrong, her heart, soul and body refuse to listen.

Together she and Romiel face an uncertain future, as evil forces are unleashed on the unsuspecting humans. In the midst of an ancient war between the immortal vampires and demons, Romiel must unite with an old enemy in order to protect the human race against certain annihilation. As their love for each other grows stronger, Joy and Romiel must face evil head on to save humanity and the Gods themselves.

EXCERPT:

Romiel walked in and saw Nephra standing over her lilac garden, sprinkling water over the delicate blooms. Their scent wafted around them. He inhaled the exotic fragrance, enjoying the pure simplicity of the moment.

The underground garden was breathtaking. Rows of lilies, lilacs and roses in every color lined the ledges, carved out especially for that purpose. It encompassed a large circular enclosure.

The entire garden rose in steps from the ground to at least twenty feet high. In every direction, a multitude of color brightened the cavern. Sun light filtered in from large holes dug through the dome-shaped ceiling of rock. All had been accomplished by Nephra's hand. And a little vampire magic of course.

A smile spread across her face when she turned to face him. Before he could greet her, Nephra wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a tight embrace. She pulled back and rolled her eyes at his choice of facade.

"You know that you don't need to look like…" she indicated his human appearance with a wave of her hand from his head to his feet. "…this, in order to speak with me." Shaking her head, she motioned for him to sit with her on the bench, which he had carved from rock in the middle of her garden.

"I know, Mother. It's just that…my other form is…"

She placed a gentle hand on his cheek, "is just as handsome as this one. Romiel, you are my son. I love you." Her eyes met his. Love flowed from their depths.

"But I will remind you of my father. And after what you have suffered…"

She placed two fingers to his lips, shushing him. "You are not your father. Never forget that." She smiled, and then placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"Romiel!" A young gargoyle stumbled through the entrance of his mother's garden, falling face first into a bed of freshly watered lilacs. He staggered a bit before crawling towards Romiel. Stunned by the sudden interruption, Romiel hadn't noticed the strange discoloration slowly creeping up the juvenile's legs. Something was wrong.

A sudden wave of dread passed through him. He ran to the youngster. When he reached him, his jaw dropped open. The poor young gargoyle cried out in pain as his legs turned a sickening shade of dark gray. His skin roughened to a stone-like texture. Romiel reached out to help the boy up.

The boy's upper body stiffened. He screamed. "I can't move my legs!"

"What happened?" Romiel struggled to keep the boy's torso up, but the weight of his limbs, mixed with the stiffness, made it almost impossible for him to get a good grip.

"Mother!" Nephra materialized beside him.

Tears of worry streamed down her face. "Romiel, I teleported into the communal area. All the others are like this child. It is as if their flesh is turning to stone!"

She knelt and tried the best she could to console the youth. Romiel watched with horror as the boy's skin thickened into stone, his whole body now immobile. Nephra wrapped her arms around the youngster's neck holding his head close to her breast. She whispered soothing words into his ear as tears dropped, hitting the stone surface that was once the boy's shoulder.

Romiel bolted from the garden. His mother was right; everywhere he looked, he saw statues. Every gargoyle in the lair had been frozen to the spot where they stood, laid, sat or perched. All of them stone. His heart pounded, as terror threatened to rip it out of his chest. Simeon will betray you… Bastien's final words echoed in his mind. He knew it was a possibility, even probable. But this?

Back in Nephra's garden, he knelt on one knee before his mother. Looking down, he saw the terror permanently etched on the face of the young gargoyle that had tried to warn them. He reached out to his mother. Her face paled with a mixture of terror and pain. His limbs felt heavier. Nephra's eyes widened. "No.No. No!" She rose to her feet.

Romiel looked down at his body in horror. Excruciating pain like hundreds of knives being plunged slowly through his body overcame him. Heaving for breath, he stared up and saw the fear and hopelessness on his mother's face. He could not get enough breath into his lungs and it took all his strength to speak. "Mother help me…"

His voice was barely audible. This was Peron's magic. “P-Peron…” She heard him. He saw the realization hit her eyes just before the void sucked him in.

Her body shook with rage. "Simeon! What have you done?" She raised her arms, “No! I will not let you take him!”

A powerful wave of magic flowed from every opening on her body, igniting the air around her with electricity. Soon the room filled with blinding light. Then she began to recite.
In stone, you shall remain…
For evil's hand did claim…
Your body enchained.
But your soul free from
Evil's pain…
With true love's touch
You will be free again…

Nephra jerked with violent spasms. She collapsed. Two tiny beacons burned brightly in Romiel's eyes. They slowly receded inside the dull grey stone pupils until only two sparks flashed, then nothing. A tiny smile curled her lips.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you so much for the opportunity to interview here at Romance Books R Us.

4 comments:

Janice Seagraves said...

I think as published authors, we all have that moment when we get our first acceptance and can't believe it.

I love that you cleaned your glasses and had another look. Then had hubby take a look too. :D

Congratulations on your release. I wish you many sales.

Janice~

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janice!

jean hart stewart said...

Original and intriquing excerpt. Talk about getting your hero in an impossible situation.. Thanks for letting us read this...Jean

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome!

Share buttons