All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, May 21, 2011

To Whom Shall I Sign This?

Renee Vincent signing her book
for a fan.
Today, all day, I'll be attending a book signing in my hometown of Northern Kentucky, for the promotion of my latest release, SILENT PARTNER, and while I've heard some authors confesse that they do not enjoy signings, I, however, love them.

I am a "people" person. I always have been. And a book signing is an opportunity for me to personally meet some of my biggest fans. I not only enjoy getting the chance to meet those who've bought my books and personalize their choice with a special note and signature, but I also take extreme delight in meeting them and talking with them. If you ever come to one of my signings, you'll realize I love to chat it up. And isn't that what a signing is all about?

Authors Toni Blake & Lori Foster
I know as a romance reader myself, I would be so excited to meet some of my favorite authors and have that author talk to me as though I am the only one in line. I've had the opportunity to meet some of my favorite authors in the past and it will be a moment I will never forget because they took the time to get to know me. Sure, it may have only been for a few minutes, but those few moments in my life were special, sealed with that author's signature.

Author Donna MacMeans
& Renee Vincent
So, now I ask you....as a reader, do you enjoy standing in line to get a signature? As an author, do you get excited about signings, whether local or on a tour? Or are book signings simply overrated? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

BTW, if you are one of those who enjoys meeting your favorite authors, then come see me at Lori Foster's Reader & Author Get Together in June. I'll be one of the attending authors at the conference and I'll be signing all three of my books there too. Look me up...I would LOVE to meet you!

Find Renee Vincent online at:

*And don't forget that the first two books of my Emerald Isle Trilogy, RAELIKSEN and MAC LIAM, are both on sale now at All Romance eBooks (ARe) for 40% off! This sale won't last long so get yours today!

12 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I've have tons of signings for my print books and they've been enjoyable. I've found the fans to be truly nice, the management at the bookstores wonderful and the events a definite rush.

Have fun at your book signing today, Renee. :)

Miriam Newman said...

Hmmm...I would love meeting people too, if anyone came to booksignings around here. It appears to be a problem for all the local authors. We just can't get any traffic. Glad you're having success, though!

Maeve Greyson said...

I can tell by your lovely smile that you're a real people person, Renee! Hope your book signing is filled with AWESOMENESS and you have a wonderful time.

Molly Daniels said...

I love meeting people and talking about my books and writing in general. One of these years I hope to make it to Lori's! It looks like so much fun:)

Renee Vincent said...

Tina: I am at my signing right now...had a break so I could jump on and see how people are responding. Thanks for sharing your opinion, sweetie. So glad to see your smiling face.

Miriam: I live in a small town so romance fans are hard to come by here. But those who are die-hard fans show up for me.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Maeve: Awww...you are so sweet! Smiling big today too!

Molly: I would love to see you at Lori's sometime! It is one of my favorite conferences...so laid back and a great oppotunity to meet so many wonderful romance readers! AND it's all for a great cause!

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Hey Renee.
As a reader, I have stood in line and waited to get a signature from a writer.
As a writer, I am a natural reccluse. The very idea of meeting people I don't know with the attention on me and my work sends a shiver down my spine. God, I sound like Howard Hughes.
I wish you get sales and lots of fun at your book signing, Renee.

Paris said...

I'm glad your signings are turning out to be fun and I wish you many, many sales!

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

I will never forget the 'meet the authors' at my first conference. I was in heaven just walking along the tables and seeing the names of all those favorite authors. Being on 'the other side' of the table would be even better I think. So glad you were able to meet your fans, Renee.

She said...

I love going to book signings. Unfortunately the book store here that had most of the signings/readings closed and none of the others that are open have filled that gap for me. I would go 2 to 3 times a week. I've listened to many authors read their work (both local and national) then sign. If you ever get a chance to go to a reading/signing with David Sedaris--Go. He's funny and signs until everyone has the opportunity to talk with him. Each signature is personalized based on what you've talked about. I also love the authors that remember you from one signing to another--Sean Chercover and Philip Beard. I miss the authors and signings.

Sandy Sullivan said...

I love doing signings for the same reasons you stated, Renee and I can't wait to meet you at Lori Foster's!

It's gonna be a blast!

~ Sandy

Renee Vincent said...

Sarah: I had a feeling you were one of those authors who was nervous about signings. But truthfully, they aren't that bad. Just pretend like each reader who comes up to you for a signature is just another commenter on your yahoo loop. OR...you can do that other thing where you're supposed to picture them all in their underwear...I prefer the other though. haha

ParisThank you so much! It was a great day.

Paisley Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I like being on either side of the table. Being a romance fan, signing are truly some of the most memorable occasions in my career. I just adore my fans!

She: Thanks for sharing today. I also like when authors take the time to get to know you. It means they truly care about their fans and understand that without those fans, they wouldn't exist in the "book" world. Thanks for stopping by. You ladies are fabulous!

Renee Vincent said...

Oh Sandy, I cannot wait to meet you too! This is going to be one amazing year, I can feel it!

Share buttons