All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Interview of Author Jennifer Labelle


Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Jennifer Labelle!




Latest Book: Meant To Be






Buy Link: www.secretcravingspublishing.com/JenniferLaBelle.html
Video Link: http://weebly-link/505965631803747364

BIO:
Jennifer Labelle resides in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with her husband and three beautiful children.After her third child she became a stay at home mom. In her busy household Jennifer likes to spend her down time engrossed in the stories that she creates. She is an active reader of romance (especially historical), mystery and anything paranormal. With an education in Addictions work she's decided to take a less stressful approach in life and hopes that you enjoy, as she shares some of her imagination with all of you.

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: The very first thing I did was call everyone to share my excitement otherwise my celebration was pretty tame while I celebrated at home with the kids. Now whenever I’m trying to promote or whenever they happen to notice the book’s cover their awestruck with “Wow’s or look it’s mommy’s book” with enthusiasm. My nine year old already gloats to all his friends and it’s so nice to see the pride in all three of them. They’re so precious and have made my experience that much more fulfilling. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: I find the beginning can be the hardest part of the story. That initial hook in the start to get the reader intrigued. The middle and ending are my favorite part. They always seem to flow well for me, but the beginning I seem to change often. It’s an annoying habit I can’t seem to break.

Q: What is your favorite romance book that you’ve read?
A: I’d have to say Jewels, by Danielle Steel. I’ve probably read it at least twenty times over the years and it still makes me cry every time.

Q: You’re on a remote island with a handsome man, a computer, and a “mysterious” source of electricity to power your computer. What do you do?
A: I’d pinch myself to see if I was dreaming…LOL. The situation is highly unlikely but I’ll play along. If I was single I’d probably enjoy Mr. Handsome by getting cozy. The island is remote so there’d always be time to work on my writing afterward.

I’m not single so I’d behave and probably stick to my fantasies and the computer.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing in but haven’t yet done so? Why?
A: Horror. Why? Because I grew up being a king fan, and I’m also told that my writing leans towards the darker side. Not to mention I’ve seen and lived through enough horror in my life that I can relate.

Q: Facebook, MySpace, Blogs, Chats, or Twitter. Which do you like best and why?
A: I like Facebook the best, although Twitter is a close second. I like that I can keep in touch with people that I don’t get to see every day. Like distant friends and relatives.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all! http://www.jenniferlabelle.com
http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/JenniferLaBelle.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Jennifer-Labelle/168414043184292
http://twitter.com/#%21/1JenniferLabell

BLURB:
Jenna Baker is shaken up after her recovery with a near death experience. As if, being haunted with visions and losing her husband in a car accident weren’t hard enough. Could she be losing her mind? She finally moves on, only to have the husband she thought was dead suddenly reappear.

After the shocking task of convincing Jenna that she’s not seeing his ghost, Tyler becomes overwhelmed with guilt for saving himself and leaving her to almost die. Jenna’s recovery takes its toll while Tyler’s vulnerability gets the best of him. He’s harbouring secrets that will devastate her and as Jenna unravels the truth her life takes an unexpected journey.

EXCERPT: (PG)
“Um, if I forget to say this later, thanks, Sam.”

They finally arrived.

“You’re thanking me in the airport.” Sam said with a laugh. “That’s very sweet, Jenna, but just wait until we get out there.” She gestured to the beautiful scenery of Dublin visible through the doors, “I’m really hoping that you can have a good time. Start out fresh in new surroundings, have an adventure, live a little, let loose, and have fun. Now that’s the vacation I’m hoping to have.”

Putting an arm around her, she stopped. “Speaking of beautiful scenery, what have we here?” Sam played innocent as she turned Jenna to see what she was talking about.

Two men stood only a few feet away from them, just staring. There was an instant attraction when her eyes met with one that scared the hell out of her, and she panicked. “Sam, I don’t think I’m ready for this,” she whispered, wide-eyed. Now that she was there she was getting cold feet.

“Relax, Jenna. It’s okay if you’re not ready today, but honestly, hun, how long has it been?” Sam asked.

Jenna was clueless. “How long has what been?”

“My guess, in fact I know, it’s been over a year now.”

She looked Jenna straight in the eye and nodded because it was true.

“But I’m just not sure that I’m ready to take the leap, Sam.” Sighing in defeat, Jenna felt bad for Sam. She was obviously interested in hooking her up. The problem was sex and men were two subjects she wanted, but she just wasn’t sure of anymore, hoping to get there someday.

“They’re really great guys, Jenna you’ll see. They’re also our ride to the hotel. Just let me introduce you, and see how it goes.” Sam flagged Brady and another guy over.

Jenna recognized him right away as he neared. Sam had shown her several pictures from her last trip, and it was hard to forget someone you had fantasies about. He was gorgeous.

Given no other choice Jenna sighed and tried not to fidget nervously.

“Hi,” Sam laughed giving both men a hug. “I missed you guys. It’s so great to be back again.” Sam lingered, putting her arm around the lighter haired one, and then turned to face Jenna again.

“Jenna this here is my cousin Brady Connelly, and his delicious friend Caleb O’Donnell. Caleb, Brady, this is my lovely best friend, Jenna.”

“Hi,” Jenna waved, and turned red with being put on the spot. Two gorgeous men were looking at her, and she’d been out of the game so long that she wasn’t sure what to do next. Caleb waved and engaged in a conversation with Sam, while Brady stared.

She was hypnotized.

He extended his hand, “Lovely, Jenna, it’s a pleasure to meet ye.”

Jenna gulped nervously, and tried to smile. “Brady.”

Anything else you’d like to add?
I’d just like to say thank you for this interview opportunity and Thank you to all those who’ve given their support.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Great questions, Marianne.

Meant To Be sounds great, Jennifer.

jean hart stewart said...

What a teaser. Naturally I want to know what happens next, you wicked girl.

Share buttons