All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Interview of Author Kristal McKerrington

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Kristal McKerrington.

Latest Books: A Different Life: A Christmas Tale of Two Hearts in the Sweet Christmas Anthology
Buy Link: http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/unseendancer

BIO:
Kristal McKerrington is a twenty-one-year-old writer from Scotland, UK. She has a love for Scotland and for Vikings. Kristal has only recently started to publish with XOXO Publishing. She lives with her boyfriend in the heart of Glasgow. Kristal also has a love for going out with her boyfriend on their motorbike and spending long hours soaking in her bathtub writing her stories.

She is the author of 'Freedom Is Earned', 'Highlander of the Ink', Tattoo Anthology Volume 1, 'Shetlands Immortals: Against My First Love', 'A Different Life: A Christmas Tale of Two Hearts', 'A Highlander Norse Gods: Leather Bound Heart's' both in the Sweet Christmas Anthology and coming real soon, 'Immortal Chief's Christmas With King Arthur'.

I would like to thank Marianne for having me here today and hope that you all enjoy seeing into my life. I love sharing things with you, the readers, and hope that you can enjoy the work I come out with.

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: I couldn't believe it and was more excited that I had finally found someone who loved my voice. I called my boyfriend over to make sure I was right in what I was seeing.

Q: What part of the book is the easiest for you to write? Why?
A: The part where Layla kisses Will. Sometimes the passion in your characters spreads through to the writer and these guys certainly shared there passion with me.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: I always feel it's hard to end Layla's stories because she is a character who doesn't like me to push the pause button on her.

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: Gosh, that is a hard question. I love Edward because he reminds me of someone with the little things he does, but then I also love Layla and Marie. The twins are always fun. Who needs enemies when you have a twin like that!

Q: If one of your books became a movie, which celebrity would you like to star as one of your heroines? Tell us about your heroine.
A: For Layla, I would love to play her myself. I just love her that much. If I had to entrust her to someone then I would have to entrust her to 'Amy Dumas'.

Q: If one of your books became a movie, which celebrity would you like to star as one of your hero? Tell us about your hero.
A: Well my book has two heroes, so Edward would have to be Matt Hardy and Will would have to be Jeff Hardy for sure. They are the only two men I know who have that charisma to handle Layla's character and to handle the personalities of Edward and Will.

Q: Do all your heroes and all heroines look the same in your mind as you “head write”?
A: Never. They always seem to have their own voice and always have their own way of noticing things. Sometimes it's a real nightmare.

Q: Do you eat comfort food when writing? If so, what food inspires your imagination?
A: I eat a lot of fish, drink a lot of coffee or tea. Sometimes the odd monster munch. I can't snack when I'm writing. My hands want to be on the keys rather then feeding me.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: Reading, going out on my boyfriend's motorbike and my Chinchillas. I still do some dancing too, but not as much now.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: Endless imagination.

Q: What is your favorite romance book that you’ve read?
A: Oh gosh, that is so hard. It has to be between Witch Child and Old Magic.

Q: You’re on a remote island with a handsome man, a computer, and a “mysterious” source of electricity to power your computer. What do you do?
A: I write and make sure the handsome man has plenty to read after his day's work of scouting out the Island lol.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing in but haven’t yet done so? Why?
A: I would love to do something in Steampunk and maybe a murder mystery at some point in the future.

Q: Facebook, MySpace, Blogs, Chats, or Twitter. Which do you like best and why?
A: I'm a Twitter girl. I'm always on Twitter, yet I love all the others. I don't use Myspace very often. It's hard for me to get into Myspace.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kristal_mckerrington
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristal-McKerringtons-Offical-Fan-Page
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/K_mcKerrington
Blog: http://kristalmckerringtons.blogspot.com
Author Site: http://www.kristalmckerrington.webs.com
Publishers: http://www.xoxopublishing.com
Online Shop: http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online

BLURB:
In a world where there is no certainty, a woman, who did what was believed impossible, fell in love with two brothers; Two of the best wrestlers in the world.  Only now this Christmas the beginning of her long journey starts with the end when Layla decides to share part of the ending of her story in this Christmas Tale that challenges not just the brothers, but the bounds of loyalty and love.

EXCERPT:
Will came around the corner, his gaze fixed on me. The lump in my throat threatened to cut off my air. I knew that look. The hunger and desire radiating in his eyes was unmistakable. I sucked in a deep breath, and in the next moment his lips were on mine, hungry and desperate as his tongue searched my mouth in a fury I hadn't seen or felt from him before.

“You have no idea how much I have wanted to kiss you from the moment you walked in earlier,” Will panted, as he stared down into my eyes. A shiver of need rolled through me, I couldn’t shake off. The lust and desire in his eyes made me want to break the rules and pull him into my room, but I couldn't. I had made a promise to myself I wasn't going to go down this road again.

“Will, you know I am with Edward,” I muttered. He held my cheeks and searched my eyes for a break in my resistance. He had not given up and I doubted he ever would.

“Yes, I know, but you should have chosen me,” Will murmured harshly as he dropped his hands to his hips, feeling the frustrations of his own wants and what he felt were his needs

“I couldn't. You didn't give up Elaine and what we are doing is wrong!” I muttered. Will's eyes glittered as he held me against his chest and stroke my hair back from my face. A moment later, he released me and walked into the living room.

I leaned on the counter top and struggled to regain my breath. Will had an amazing ability to leave me more than just breathless. His kisses made me rock back and forth on my feet, leaving me feeling like I was rolling back and forth on the edge of a pin.

I walked into the living room and noticed Edward had taken off his apron, and thrown it across the back of the sofa. Will, lay slumped out watching the rest of the Over the Ropes Wrestling Show completely oblivious to my presence now. From where I stood, I could see the action on the screen and the look on his face. When he glanced in my direction, I realized he was still thinking about what had just happened in the kitchen.

A quick rub of my arms calmed the goose bumps his look caused. I stopped behind the couch and whispered in his ear, “I’m sorry.”

“There is no need for you to be sorry. I fell in love with my brother’s girl. It’s not your fault. I guess both of your favourite songs might be true to us. 'Replay by Iyaz and Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz' tell the whole story. We really need to get you into more different type’s music that isn't Hip Hop or alternative rock. What is the name of the band you like so much?” Will asked, before he turned towards me so he could look into my eyes.

“'Siren’s Eye,' Trust me, I know she doesn't stop playing them in the car,” Edward grumbled at me, sending a shiver down my back at the fact he had nearly heard something that he should never hear.

Anything else you’d like to add?
I would love to thank Marianne again for having me.I hope you will have me back again. You can also catch me in the chat room of 'Highway 2 Helms' that is on http://www.geekweek.com every Wednesday Night at 7pm EST so make sure you check that out. I always have a good laugh in there and enjoy the awesome show Shane Helms puts on.

11 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Hey, Kristal - congrats on your many releases!!! :)

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Just wanted to drop in and congratulate you on your new release and multicontracts.
Sarah

Sandy said...

Good questions, Marianne.

Kristal, congrats on your new release. The excerpt was intriguing.

Kristal's Blog. said...

Thank you all, I'm grateful for all the comments. I'm glad you all enjoyed it and will be delighted to hear any of your thoughts on the story if you check it out. Thanks. Kristal x

Unknown said...

Congrats on all your success.

Kristal's Blog. said...

Thanks, Amber I'm just breaking the waves really. I hope to blast out soon. I'm working dorn hard on it. Huge hugs. Kristal

XoXoPublishing said...

Hello Kristal:D Showing you support, great interview keep it up.
Gina
http://www.facebook.com/pages/XoXo-Publishing/258678558724

http://www.xoxopublishing.com

Kristal's Blog. said...

Thanks Gina.

Huge hugs, great to see you on here.

Kristal x

Renee Vincent said...

Wishing you all the best, Kristal! Sorry I'm late...somehow I didn't see this until now. Better late than never right? haha

Keep reaching for the stars huh!

Delaney Diamond said...

Hi Kristal, congratulations on your anthology release!

I can relate to your answer about what you did when you found out you'd sold your first book. I did something similar: I had my sister make sure I was reading the message correctly!

Best wishes for lots more success!

Delaney Diamond

Unknown said...

Hi Kristal,
Great interview. You are a inspiration for all us authors at XOXO. Best of luck with your new projects. Vic

Share buttons