All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Interview of Author Sandy Sullivan

Today it's my pleasure to present an interview of fellow RBRU Member Author, Sandy Sullivan.

Latest Book: Hot Summer Love (Cowboy Style 1)
Buy Link: http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/torrid

BIO:
Sandy Sullivan is a romance author, who, when not writing, spends her time with her husband Shaun on their farm in middle Tennessee. She loves to ride her horses, play with their dogs and relax on the porch, enjoying the rolling hills of her home south of Nashville. County music is a passion of hers and she loves to listen to it while she writes.

She is an avid reader of romance novels and enjoys reading Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux and Susan Wiggs. Finding new authors and delving into something different helps feed the need for literature. A registered nurse by education, she loves to help people and spread the enjoyment of romance to those around her with her novels. She loves cowboys so you'll find many of her novels have sexy men in tight jeans and cowboy boots.

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: Screamed and dance around the house. My husband and kids thought I was nuts.

Q: What part of the book is the easiest for you to write? Why?
A: Usually, for me the beginning because I have the scene in my head and I have to get it down on paper before I forget.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: The end because it's like closing a virtual chapter of my character's lives. I want to know what happens after the end, but the story is over.

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: I don't have one favorite character. They are all very dear to me, like family. Someone asked me yesterday how I keep all the names straight so I don't repeat them and it all goes back to the same thing. Since they are like family, it's easy for me to keep them straight. Maybe when I have more books, I may have to start a spreadsheet to keep them in line.

Q: Do all your heroes and all heroines look the same in your mind as you “head write”?
A: Absolutely not. Each character has their own personality and traits. They evolve as I'm writing them so sometimes they start out one type of person in my mind and become someone totally different by the time I write THE END.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: Riding horses, reading, playing with my cats and traveling.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: Dialogue by far. I've had readers and writers tell me my dialogue is what sets me apart from other writers. The dialogue moves the story forward and I love creating snappy scenes with it.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
http://www.romancestorytime.com http://www.sandysullivanauthor.blogspot.com http://www.twitter.com/sandys37 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandy-Sullivan http://www.bookstrand.com/sandy-sullivan http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/torrid http://www.passioninprint.com http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/sandysullivan.html

EXCERPT:
Round backside met firm thighs.

“Whoa, there.”

Steady hands grabbed Mandy’s waist when she backed out of the stall, raking the dirty hay and horse manure into a pile.

With a quick glance over her shoulder, she turned around and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you.”

Stomach clenched, lips parted and legs wobbled when she caught her first glimpse of the man behind the voice.

Holy shit!

Hazel eyes, trimmed with the most gorgeous eyelashes she’d ever seen, stared back. Rock-hard chest, bulging biceps, flat stomach, lean hips—damn! The man had the whole package. Long-sleeved western shirt strained against the tempting muscles of his chest, faded jeans hugged his hips and worn cowboy boots encased his feet. White teeth flashed when he smiled the moment her gaze returned to his. Tall, dark and luscious, came to mind. Dark hair curled slightly around his ears, topped off with a pitch-black Stetson pulled low on his forehead.

No stud earring for this guy. Now that’s a real cowboy.

“I kinda guessed.” The low timbre of the voice had goose bumps skittering across her arms and reminded her of chocolate, smooth, silky and oh-so sweet. “Need some help?”

Licking her lips to wet the suddenly dry surfaces, she replied, “No. I got it. Thanks.”

“All right then. Take care. And don’t work too hard.”

“Uh, yeah. You, too.”

The man tipped his hat and moved on around her to continue up the dirt path while she watched in fascination how his tight ass filled out the Wranglers encasing it. When he reached the doorway, he glanced back and smiled again before he disappeared around the corner.

“Holy Mother of God.” Air rushed from between her lips on a forced exhale when she leaned against the shovel handle for support. Toes curled, nipples puckered and fingertips tingled. “Whoever let him out of their sight, sure in hell didn’t know what she was setting the rest of us up for. The man could melt butter with his smile and light up half of Texas at the same time.”

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thanks Marianne and Romance Book R Us for having me on your blog today. It's been totally fun! Comment on this blog and be in the drawing for your choice of my backlist! The winner will be chosen on 11/12/10 and notified by email so make sure you leave your email in the comments.

10 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Love your work, Sandy!! :)

Nicholas Genovese said...

Sandy,
I loved your blog on Romance Books "R" Us.

Loved the excerpt. That's the typical Sandy: words flowing across the page like liquid gold.

Nick

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo...great excerpt!!!

Valerie
valb0302@yahoo.com

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments. You guys are great!

~ SAndy

Anonymous said...

Loved your interview Sandy! And I love your work! Your dialogue is amazing! *smiles*

Layla Hunter
laylahunter@gmail.com

Carly Carson said...

Dialogue is my favorite thing too, Sandy. I think you're also very good with emotion. Good luck with your latest.

Katalina Leon said...

Great excerpt Sandy but too short! More more...lol
XXOO Kat

Staci Brush said...

Cowboy butts drive me nuts! ;) Great interview!

SiNn said...

aweosme inetrview as always Sandy I LOVEEEEEEE your books theya ll rock ur atruelly amazing author!


mortalsinn@yahoo.com

Sandy Sullivan said...

Nicholas Genovese!

You are the proud winner of your choice of my backlist. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments and I'm glad you all are enjoying my books. Stay tuned for a new book coming from Secret Cravings Publishing right before Christmas and also a free Christmas read over there!

~ Sandy

Share buttons