All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Interview of Author/Poet Vivi Pruitt

I'm pleased to present an interview of author/poet Vivi Pruitt.

Latest books: Divine and Night Lights
Buy link: http://www.xoxopublishing.com

BIO:
Vivi Pruitt, author and poet, has been living the holistic lifestyle in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia half her life. In this beautiful environment she practices meditation and studies Sanskrit and Eastern philosophy which inspires some of her work. Ms. Pruitt’s profound unique simplicity takes modern spirituality to its cutting edge as she transforms enlightening experience into beautiful poetic couplets and exquisite verse. She has studied under the living masters His Holiness Swami Vivekananda Saraswati and Her Holiness Sai Maa Lakshmi Devi and the late His Holiness Swami Satchidananda.


Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you to write? Why?
A: Since my latest two books are written in poetic verse, finding the right word to mirror the experience and create rhyme and rhythm was sometimes challenging. The poetry I write flows effortlessly in time and space. At least that is my intention. Minimalism, simplicity, flow.

Q: Do all your heroes and all heroines look the same in your mind as you “head write”?
A: Interesting question. In these two books, my characters are taking shape, and I rarely see their faces. For the most part, they are formless, or just images of light with vague shape. The essence of purity is always the same, whatever the form.

Q: Do you eat comfort food when writing? If so, what food inspires your imagination?
A: Most of my writing is centered around my meditation practice. I have a routine which sometimes includes eating, but in order to experience profound states, lack of eating is the better choice. I do drink a lot of tea!

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: I like meditation, yoga, reading, photography, design…many creative pursuits!

Q: What is your strongest point as a writer?
A: The ability to capture the essence of an experience and remain focused enough to translate it into words is an art form. It requires tremendous presence.

Q: What is your favorite romance book that you’ve read?
A: The Love of the Last Tycoon by Fitzgerald. Absolutely my favorite. The purity and innocence of the tragedy really touched my heart.

Divine BLURB:
A song of ecstasy! A collection of life affirmative poetic couplets and verse to enlighten and inspire. A modern sutra.

EXCERPT:
I am sugar
Super sweet
The gateway too
A love discreet.
Reflecting all
Your dreams come true
A shining beacon
Gold and blue.
A band of stars
Silver and white
Like diamonds dancing
Day and night.
A single rainbow
Next to Thee
My deepest darkest
Fantasy.

Night Light BLURB:
Transport your mind beyond space and time into a mystical world filled with grace and divinity. Feel inspired and uplifted as the experience of pure bliss consciousness permeates your entire being with the divine imagery of sacred union as the mystical marriage evolves through poetic metaphor

EXCERPT:
On the edge
In stillness light
Sweet gratitude
Holy the night.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Your meditative lifestyle sounds like my dream, Vivi! Congrats on your release - may you have many happy sales. :)

Miranda Stowe said...

I'm impressed. An entire book written in poetic verse sounds like quite a feat to me.

And I'm double impressed because I tried writing poetry on my blog but it didn't really reflect my own lifestyle the way yours seems to. Didn't rhyme or have your soothing flow either.

Oh, well. Congratulations on your release!!!

Share buttons