All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Interview of Romance Reader Dean Y.



Our readers are so special to authors...we love to hear from you! Here's an interview of romance reader Dean Y.
Photo: September 5, 2008, looking towards the sunrise, shortly after 7 a.m. from Dean's home in Kansas.
BIO: I’m an avid reader in a family of readers. I’m the mother of two adult children with one beautiful grand daughter. I love to travel and do as much as I can with the man I have been married to for nearly 40 years. I work in a psychiatric setting and enjoy the escape books give me to many places I have been or will never have the chance to be.

Q: What type of genre do you enjoy the most and why?
A: I love historical, westerns, and some contemporary fiction. I like books that take me to places I would love to visit with interesting people I would like to know.

Q: What inspired you to read romance books?
A: My mother-in-law gave me a book a number of years ago and I got hooked. I use it to escape from daily life and a need to relax after a busy stress filled day of working.

Q: Do you read ebooks, print books, or both? Have you thought about getting an ebook reader if you don’t already have one?
A: I have not gotten an e-reader, yet, but still looking, as they would be handy to have when traveling, which I have been doing more of recently. However, I have always loved the feel and smell of a good book.

Q: Besides those of us at “Romance Books R Us”, who are your favorite authors?
A: Some of the authors I look for include: Madeline Hunter, Mary Balogh, Gayle Trent, Luanne Rice, Richard North Patterson, James Patterson, Rose Conners, Dale Brown, Kate Wihelm, Michael Connelly, David Baldacci, Tom Clancey, and many many others.

Q: Do you visualize the hero and heroine as you read? Do you use the cover (if they’re shown) as images for them?
A: I do visualize the hero and heroine as I read. Sometimes the cover images match what is being described and sometimes not, so then I use my imagination.

Q: Do you enter contests? What type of items do you enjoy getting if you win?
A: I do enter contests… Fresh Fiction is one I go to a number of times each week. My favorite thing to receive is books or gift certificates to purchase books. I live in an area without bookstores, so books are a welcome item.
Also, this allows to read authors I may not pick up otherwise.

Q: Do you read blurbs and excerpts? Which one is most important in your decision to buy a book and why?
A: I check out the cover, but the most important is the blurbs when making the decision to purchase. I like to get a feel for the story and blurbs aren’t always enough.

Anything else you’d like to add?
I love to read and enjoy the contests as I am always seeking new authors to read.

Thanks, Dean, for taking the time to do an interview!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful interview. I love the pic of the sunset. It's always nice to find out what interests the reader. You're all important to our selling our books! :)

Tina Donahue said...

Welcome Dean - how wonderful to hear from a reader. So refreshing.

Katalina Leon said...

Hello Dean! It was lovely to meet you. I can't resist asking a reader this question: What catches your eye in a blurb? Do certain words/themes key you in or is it the story concept that catches your attention? I would love to hear your answer.
XXOO Kat

Paris said...

Hi Dean!
Thanks so much for giving us such an insightful perspective!

jean hart stewart said...

So nice to hear from a reader...thanks. Jean

DeanY said...

Thank you all for the comments and writing for others enjoyment.
Kat, It's the idea story concept.

My husband and I love to take photos and always looking for the unusal. The photo was not touched up or photo shopped, just an extremely unusally morning.

Thanks again, Dean

Share buttons