All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, June 25, 2010

Interview of Author Paty Jager

Today I'm interviewing Western Romance Author and 2008 Eppie Best Contemporary Award winning author, Paty Jager.

Latest Book: “Doctor in Petticoats
Buy Link: http://www.thewildrosepress.com
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3nt1Vlaud8

BIO:
Wife, mother, grandmother, and the one who cleans pens and delivers the hay; award winning author Paty Jager has brought her husband of thirty-one years to maturity, along with four children. Currently the empty nesters farm 130 acres. She not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.
Paty has been a member of RWA for twelve years and has taught workshops at chapter meetings, conferences, and online.
She has four historical western romance novels available through The Wild Rose Press and one contemporary western, which won the 2008 Best Contemporary Romance EPPIE. She has two new releases this year, one a paranormal historical, “Spirit of the Mountain”, set among the Nez Perce and the fourth book in the Halsey brother's series, “Doctor in Petticoats”, she is also excited about her recently contracted contemporary western, “Bridled Heart”. To learn more about Paty drop by her website: http://www.patyjager.net

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: This is hard to answer. I like Clay because he learns to live with his disability and never does he let it rule his life.I like Rachel because she stands up for what she believes in even if it takes her longer to stand up for herself.

Q: Do all your heroes and all heroines look the same in your mind as you “head write”?
A: No, they are all distinctly different. I tend to find photos that look kind of like my hero and heroine to stare at when I need to get deeper into their thoughts. It's kind of like looking at someone and trying to figure out what they're thinking.

Q: Do you eat comfort food when writing? If so, what food inspires your imagination?
A: I've noticed when the words are hard coming and the story feels like it's beating me up, I tend to go for anything I can get my hands on that is small and many. LOL When the writing is good; I forget to eat at all.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: I'm rarely not writing. But I enjoy riding my horse and visiting with my friends and family.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: I believe it is characterization. Most reviews say how strong and believable my characters are.

Q: You’re on a remote island with a handsome man, a computer, and a “mysterious” source of electricity to power your computer. What do you do?
A: Write a love scene and then asked the handsome man to help me act it out.

Tell us where to find you:
website: http://www.patyjager.net
publisher’s page: http://www.thewildrosepress.com
blog: http://www.patyjager.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/paty.jager
Twitter: http://twitter.com/patyjag

BLURB:
After a life-altering accident and a failed relationship, Dr. Rachel Tarkiel gave up on love and settled for a life healing others as the physician at a School for the Blind.She's happy in her vocation--until handsome Clay Halsey shows up and inspires her to want more.

Blinded by a person he considered a friend, Clay curses his circumstances and his limitations. Intriguing Dr. Tarkiel shows him no pity, though. To her, he's as much a man as he ever was.

Can these two wounded souls conquer outside obstacles, as well as their own internal fears, and find love?

EXCERPT:
“I’m going to look in your other eye now.”

Rachel again placed a hand on his face and opened the eyelid, stilling her fluttering heart as she pressed close. His clean-shaven face had a couple small nicks on the edges of his angular cheeks. The spice of his shave soap lingered on his skin.

She resisted the urge to rub her cheek against his. The heat of his face under her palm and his breath moving wisps of wayward hair fluttered her eyes closed. She pretended for a few seconds he could be her husband. A man who loved her and wouldn’t be threatened by her occupation or sickened by her hideous scar.

His breathing quickened, and his hand settled on her waist, slid around to her back, and drew her forward. Her hand, holding the lens, dropped to his shoulder, and she opened her eyes. This behavior on both their parts was unconscionable, but her constricted throat wouldn’t allow her to utter the rebuke.

Clay sensed the moment the doctor slid from professional to aroused woman. The hand on his cheek caressed rather than held, her breathing quickened, and her scent invaded his senses like a warm summer rain.

Anything else you’d like to add?
I enjoy writing books that entertain and perhaps shed a bit of knowledge either about history, living the rural life, or people in general. Even if I had yet to be published I would still be writing stories. It's something that I can't not do. That others enjoy my stories is a bonus.

17 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Great interview, Paty. Rachel and Clay sound like wonderful characters. :)

vickyb said...

Wow. Sounds like a great book!

Paty Jager said...

Hi Tina, Rachel and Clay were a lot of fun to write.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks, Vickyb. My editor thinks so, still waiting for some reviews.

jean hart stewart said...

Great excerpt. Can't help wishing the best of love and life for those two. Jean

Katalina Leon said...

Patty, thank you for sharing this with us! Your upcoming book "Spirit of the Mountain" about the Nez Perce sounds fascinating.
Best wishes to you.
XXOO Kat

Paty Jager said...

Thanks, Jean!

Hi Kat, Hopefully I can come back in August and share some of that book with you.

Paris said...

Your westerns sound wonderful and I'm looking forward to a glimpse of "Spirit of the Mountain" in August:-)

Danita Cahill said...

Fun, Paty. I'm dying to know how it all ends up for Clay and Rachael now...

Loved your answer for the deserted island question. Ha!

Nice photo of you too!

Fedora said...

Paty, terrific interview! Thank you for sharing a snippet with us, and happy release day! I'm fascinated by Clay's character--we don't often get a chance to read about such openly imperfect characters!

Paty Jager said...

Hi Paris,

Thanks for stopping by.

Hey Danita, I must have had a good photographer take that photo. ;)

flchen1,
I believe perfect people don't exist. Everyone has flaws and if they can overcome their flaws, they're a winner. Thanks for stopping by.

LORETTA CANTON said...

I am following you. Good interview.

lorettC
lbcanton@verizon.net

Me :) said...

The more I read about this book the more I know I have to read it :)

Molly Daniels said...

This sounds awesome, Paty! Putting this on my TBB list and looking forward to more excerpts from you:)

Paty Jager said...

Loretta, good to see you here, too!

Hi Ann, I'm glad you're excited about the book.

Hi Molly, Thank you!

Alice Trego said...

I enjoy reading this excerpt, Paty. Have to get the book pronto! And your upcoming paranormal release sounds fascinating.

Alice

Paty Jager said...

Hi again, Alice.
I'm glad you're finding something of interest to you in my books.

Share buttons